B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

no spark and no fuel out of injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Default RE: no spark and no fuel out of injectors

do you have a flashing red LED on the dash? if yes its got an immobilizer 07/94 onward have them but not sure if that goes for the US as its an option ( cant understand why[:-]),

system operation
system arms when ignition is off.
switch ignition on.
ensure immobilizer warning lamp illuminates for approx 3 seconds.
immobilizer light flashes or stays on continuously
programming.
when

system malfunction: switch ignition on engine runs for 1 second then shuts down problem is key added or chip in key is out of sync with the car and only diagnostic tool VAG can reset it,

as for the crank/VSS sensor if it fails you will have the same issue as if it has an immobilizer or not.

crank sensor should be 3 wire connector and pins 1 & 2 should read 1000 ohms approx ignition off crank sensor multi plug disconected and its the sensor your probing not the wiring

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

Alright, the only thing flashing on the dash is the temp light, the oil light and the trip meter under the odometer (which I have always found strange because it flashes "1n1"). It will read 0 only if you hit the rest button. The check engine light is also lit

Old 07-13-2008, 11:57 AM

"1n1" means its due a service ( oil and filter change and it needs resetting ) temp light ( if there is one ) should mean the temp sensor is bad and could be the cause of the CEL but it would leave a fault code, oil light means it needs a top up or its just a system check and will go out ( sensor for the trip meter[:-] ) not heard that one

FAULT CODES MATE and don't waste your time asking as I feel a red hering coming on lol

Old 07-13-2008, 12:01 PM

whats a red herring you might ask ( its a fish that sits on the bottom of your toilet and takes your pisssssss)j/k

Old 07-13-2008, 12:12 PM

you changed your aviator? why it makes me think your taking the P

Old 07-13-2008, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

oh that avatar? Only one I liked that was easy to pick!

anyways. So I checked the power circuits to both the Crankposition and Engine Sensor, according to the wire diagrams they are connected. No power to them! checked the circuit all the way back to the ECM and the ECM is not feeding them voltage. So then I was thinking that you could be right with the immobizer, but Ross-Tech say that they don't have them on American cars

Old 07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

So then I was thinking about what it could be....it appears my key has a chip in it. I only have one key. So now I am wondering if it has to do with this. What reads the transponder in the key? I have a new ECM and all I did was code it for my model of car and plug it in.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

by the way...I was having a hard time posting for the past day!..sorry about all the replies but I seem to have more success posting when I keep them short!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: outlaw24

So then I was thinking about what it could be....it appears my key has a chip in it. I only have one key. So now I am wondering if it has to do with this. What reads the transponder in the key? I have a new ECM and all I did was code it for my model of car and plug it in.
Ah ha! The truth comes out! Your ECM needs to be coded to your immobilizer. The alarm control unit reads the transponder. If the immobilizer doesn't match from alarm c.u. to ECM, it becomes immobilized. Start with coding the ECM immobilizer.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:23 AM

^^ looks promising and hopefully a fix

Quick Reply: no spark and no fuel out of injectors