B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

no boost no leaks and just got car 3days ago never felt boost :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 AM
1st Gear
Default no boost no leaks and just got car 3days ago never felt boost :(

i owned my audi for 3days and i suspected no boost and so i had my friend hook me up with a boost gauge and as i suspecetd no boost so i checked all over the fourms and i am new to this whole engine set up but i made a leak down test for it a pressured it to 8ps and i had no leaks my vacuum is sitting 20 at idle and then i take off in 1-5th my boost sits at 0 and i really am at a lost of words for this car i love the 4wd but honstly i have never felt boost so it sucks and dont really know where to go from this point ps. i have no check engine or cell also the car holds study idle and drives fine no shakes or any thin just have no boost!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator

20 in. hg. vacuum at idle is pretty standard, so i think you're good there. Just out of curiosity, how did you do your boost leak test? Just tryin to think through this, seems to me that if you had a boost leak huge enough that you're losin all your boost, it'd be enough to throw a CEL. Even limp mode is around 3 or 4 psi. Any idea what kind of shape the turbo is in? any weird noises or blue smoke? Is the car pretty mch set up stock?

Old 01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

i made a pressure check thing like the fourm said no leaks were found i checked verry well as i can build engins this is my frist turbo car though, also no blue smoke or burning oil or water i really dont know the condition of the turbo i kinda wanted to trouble shoot the problem a lil more before i take the turbo off could the dv or the n75 be bad also if its bad would i loose just a little boost or is it possible to loose all boost? i alos read about wast gate rod's snapping mines in still connected and when i tug on it it has slight play but like it doesnt move imean like the ammount you can move it is like paper thin is that normal?

Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

and the car does not have a cell it drives fine i just smogged 3days ago and emissions passed it just has no boost when im give it gas around 2000-3500 on a cold start i can hear it spool up a bit but cant feel it and it still dosent go past 0 on the boost gauge and when it warms up it still doesent go past 0 and you cant here it chirp or spool any more,

Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

what line were u hooked up to when u were checking boost?

Old 01-16-2011, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

the boost gauge that is tapped into the im my boy gave me a boost gauge to see if it was boosting and we ran it to the im like its soposed to be ran no leaks with the system i only pressured it to 8-10 psi because the link said to pressure it to wher your turbo set up would run at could it be the dv?

Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Bad n75 or DV sounds very possible. You have no CEL so a sensor malfunction causing boost to be cut is unlikely. I'd look at the DV - factory parts are known to fail and an aftermarket valve would be a good idea in any case.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

Do you have a 2.8?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

i found oil in my intercooler piping is that a bad seal in the turbo? and the reason i have no boost?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

i have an 1.8t auattro

Quick Reply: no boost no leaks and just got car 3days ago never felt boost :(