B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

No boost Gt2860rs Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
It has to make it more brittle because I blasted a cyborg sent from the future into a zillion peices with my shotgun after cryo-ing him with some liquid nitrogen!!
aaaaaaaaaaaand that's my new siggy LOL

Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
It has to make it more brittle because I blasted a cyborg sent from the future into a zillion peices with my shotgun after cryo-ing him with some liquid nitrogen!!
lmao remember "Ill be back" haha

Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by devlzluv
lol doesnt make it more brittle i can promise you that, ive had first hand experience. Read this article and you can understand it better and improve the life of the components.

http://www.cryoplus.com/pdf/icwptct.pdf
I have done plenty of talking to people that actually do it for a living and have tried doing it to parts used on their race cars. It does in fact make it more brittle, which is why companies that cryo treat metal parts also need to heat treat it afterwards to make it harder again. Cyro treating metal makes it more wear resistance.

Feel free to contact South Bend, they do cryo treatments and did my transmission parts. So believe me I know because I have talked to shops offer cryo treatments. I have also talked to race shops that have tried to use it on their racer cars.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 08-16-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
I dont need to read something, I have done plenty of talking to people that actually do it for a living and have tried doing it to parts used on their race cars. It does in fact make it more brittle, which is why companies that cryo treat metal parts also need to heat treat it afterwards to make it harder again. Cyro treating metal makes it more wear resistance.

Feel free to contact South Bend, they do cryo treatments and did my transmission parts. So believe me I know because I have talked to shops offer cryo treatments. I have also talked to race shops that have tried to use it on their racer cars.
kk ill re phrase it ur right, i was saying when you send it out to a company they cryo it and superheat it after its all done and as a result of that the metal becomes stronger.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
It does in fact make it more brittle, which is why companies that cryo treat metal parts also need to heat treat it afterwards to make it harder again.

Hence the eventual downfall of human operations at Cyberdyne Systems Corp.

OP-
My buddy arif had issues with the oil drain line matching up right between his elim turbo and the pan. We decided to custom fit stainless lines which was simple. Is there a reason you decided to have your drain line rebuilt? I've never heard of that one.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

Your absolutely right Mike..

I took it to a shop to evaluate it and they said it was oil starvation, FVCK not covered under warranty........ They said that the Oil restrictor:http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=OIL That I am using(THE ONE ATP SAY TO USE WITH THEIR GTBB ELIM KITS) is too small and it was what caused the turbo to blow... Can I take ATP to small claims? WTF I am super pissed and bummed... How can they recommend that fitting? Ive been through 3 turbos and 1000 dollars now because they refuse to warranty it... Can I take ATP to small claims? This is outrageous!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM
1st Gear
Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
4th Gear

Your link doesn't work for the oil restrictor in your other post, but it in fact needs to be the one with the smaller hole made for the GT BB turbos. I use that same one. Problem is that your drain was kinked acting like another restrictor.

If you use a oil adapter that is too large you can blow out the oil seals on the turbo. The restrictor decrease the oil pressure inside the CHRA since our cars have very high oil pressure which the GT BB CHRA can not handle.

This is the correct oil restrictor fitting for a GT BB turbo

Same one I run on my GT35r.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

This is why I had it rebuilt. Because it looked like this and the braid was coming apart.
Name:  0f273059.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  74.4 KB

Old 08-16-2010, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

Mike Sorry for the bad link

This is the one I am using:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=OIL

Quick Reply: No boost Gt2860rs Please help me