B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

NickBroderick's Timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 PM
3rd Gear

Krip the problem is the coil has been bottomed out for awhile now, and it's not nearly as low as the driver's side. Right now, with my driver's side now at it's lowest, I'm tucking about 3/4" of tire, the passenger's side is sitting right at the top of the tire, not tucking. I have no idea what the problem is, I've trimmed both bumpstops the same amount, which obviously lowered the driver's side a bit, but the passenger's side didn't move. I'm not sure what to do.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Was your car involved in any accident before? It could be the reason why.

Did you check if both springs are the same? If they're different, it could also be the reason why.

Also check out how the spring is sitting on top. I had mine sitting a bit weird when it was installed so when I adjusted it, the left side seems to be always A LOT lower than the right. You also need to keep in mind that cars aren't symmetrical. Even after I adjusted and fixed how the right spring was sitting, the right was still about 1/4 of an inch higher than the left.

Try taking pics of both side (how it sits) and maybe we can help you sort it out.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
3rd Gear

I've quadruple checked how the spring sits, even trimmed down a bit of the bottom perch because it looked as the the spring was being held up by it, that didn't really do much though.

I'll take pictures soon!

The car was in an accident back in November, only affected the bumper and was merely cosmetic. However I'm not sure if it was in an accident before I bought it, although carfax didn't have any to report when I asked the dealer for it.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:49 PM
3rd Gear

I got gas today.

And took this picture.

Then I got home and took this picture in my sloped driveway, which ruins everything, but oh well.

I also took this shitty picture to show the camber up front.

And now she sits in my driveway, dirty and unloved. Yay for pointless updates.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear

pointless updates they may be but awesome pictures they are
if that bottom one was a bit less blurry/fuzzy itd be my desktop tried it but it gets blurred

Last edited by B5 Audi; 08-21-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear

Hahahaha, thank you sir, I'm quite the blackberry photographer...

I forgot to mention that a kid with down syndrome driving a riced out honda waved to me today when I drove by him.

I was honored.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM
3rd Gear

I'll give you the "original" pic. It's big.

That's not even a good picture .

Old 08-21-2010, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear

I'm wicked bored right now so I'm going to turn a tiny little fix into the most epic post ever.

It was a warm, sunny Massachusetts day, not a cloud in the sky and everything seemed right. Nick was happy as a clam because he got to sleep in, so he knew it was going to be a good day.

The clouds started to roll in around 4, which made everyone in the small town of Mansfield nervous, but Nick kept his spirits up, because in the back of his mind, he knew today was the day.

EDIT: This was going well until I just deleted like 4 paragraphs of ridiculousness that I now forget so **** this I'm just going to post the pics.

Look at that dirty fingernail. Obviously haven't showered in a couple days.

Yeah, it took a lot more time and effort than I had anticipated. Much like everything else I've done to my car

Fin.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 PM
5th Gear

now we know where you live. cool

Old 08-21-2010, 08:33 PM
3rd Gear

That might be the creepiest post ever.

Quick Reply: NickBroderick's Timeline.