B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

NickBroderick's Timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

Was expecting my Magnaflow tomorrow but was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work...

Playing with the fisheye, not a good picture but oh well.

Tips surprised me. Almost 3.5"... I'm going to run with them though, they'll definitely fill the valence...

Going to look for a muffler shop and hopefully get it installed tomorrow...

And pollen is awful right now, the morning dew plus the ride to work this morning made clumps of it streaked all down my car.

Painting my tow hook tomorrow for fun. Nothing too fancy but I've never seen what I have in mind done before...

Old 05-25-2010, 09:10 PM
3rd Gear

Was bored after work and not getting my muffler installed until Thursday so I did this. Not my initial plan but I couldn't resist when I saw this in Home Depot.

Fluorescent Pink tow hook FTW! This is the first "obscure" thing I've done to my car. I like it.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear

You'll be happy with the way that muffler looks, I know I am pretty happy.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
3rd Gear

Was it the same size? Post pics!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
3rd Gear

Okay let's see...

Pollen + Rain = Filthy car...
Dirty Wheels + Dirty Tires = Dirtiness...
Front & Rear Too High + Me Being Lazy = Not the finaly ride height...
No Spacers + No Spacers = No poke/flushness.

I love having excuses for everything.

Lug caps are going back on soon, maybe by tomorrow. I have to paint them . Should look cool when I finally get some good rollers.

Pictures.

Image overload!

So in conclusion... I love this tire size. 215/45. Teeny, tiny, itty, bitty amount of stretch and not rubberband like at all. It makes me want wider wheels though... at least 9.5".

I need to finalize the ride height and get some spacers asap. Then I can get an alignment. I thought I had something else to write but I can't remember now. Oh well!

Wait. Quick question. Poke on all 4 corners y/n?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM
3rd Gear

with that little of stretch, I think no poking all four corners.. the fronts look pretty good, I think maybe 20mm spacer in the rear and lower the front would look real good. the stock lug caps fit in the holes of those wheels? I think it'd look nicer if you would just spray them chrome or something... maybe the benz logo could be pink or whatever.
get some 5w5 bulbs and wire up city lights! when's the muffler going on?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

If you poke you rub fenders and will either have to raise up and roll all your fender which means paint and body work... I just had to lift mine finally...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:34 PM
3rd Gear

I'm thinking rear poke only too. 4 corners is more of a VW thing I guess. The lug caps... I actually didn't check. I know the cap to the wheel locks doesn't so the other caps probably don't either. A pink Merc logo would be pretty badass... Maybe I'll do that. City lights will come soon I guess, I always forget about them and the muffler is going on tomorrow I think.

These tires stick way better than my winters by the way .

Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
If you poke you rub fenders and will either have to raise up and roll all your fender which means paint and body work... I just had to lift mine finally...
The car is going to the body shop soon anyway, I was just going to add the fender rolling to the list of things I want done haha. I think I'll just poke the rears, shaved tires are the ****.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

car looks really good and those wheels are awesome nice car cant wait to see it done as well as that headliner tahts been out forever

Last edited by B5 Audi; 05-28-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Quick Reply: NickBroderick's Timeline.