B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

NickBroderick's Timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
3rd Gear

Some DSLR fun.

*Warning* First time camera user. Extreme amateur pictures ahead.

My very first DSLR pic!

This one could be more focused on the actual rings...

Bad.

Bad. Again.

Bad. The car needs to be lower in the front AT LEAST. Probably bring the front and rear down a bit this weekend?

Love this one. The car is filthy, rained Tuesday and Wednesday and the pollen is awful.

Meh, this one is alright.

Red light means picture time.

Last edited by NickBroderick; 05-21-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear

Also just spent $90 on oil/filter and detailing products from AutoZone. Going to be a fun weekend.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Nice! Now change your sig!

Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 AM
3rd Gear

I'm too lazy .

Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear

Do some hard core detailing and then post up some new pics with that camera!

I just ordered me some Pinnacle: http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html

Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
3rd Gear

Pinnacle eh? Never heard of it. I bought some Meguiars Polish and Mothers "Back To Black" for my window trim and such. I have some Zymol wax sitting in my garage.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM
3rd Gear

Ordered this last night. Be here Tuesday.

Name:  Magnaflow.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  15.0 KB

Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
2nd Gear

I used to use Mothers, and Meguiars is also a decent over the counter wax, but not one of the best. Pinnacle is some of the best premium waxs you can buy. Most people aren't educated properly on car waxing and paint care, and pretty much only know about as much as whats on the shelf at Pep Boys.

I had used some Zanio for awhile which is another great premium wax, but I'd say it doesn't last as long or have as deep a wet shine as Pinnacle.

But if you put Zanio up against Mothers/Meguiars you'd see not only a shine/wetness difference and depth difference but how long the product protects and last would be noticeable.

Of course, this is only if you're ****, and you actually clay your car and apply paint sealant and glaze, and then the wax, all with a buffer, yada yada yada obsessive compulsive.....

I'll be honest, I've been cleaning the car with mothers since I got it, but once the springs and rims are on, I want to do one really awesome freaking hard core **** detail.

I just totally high jacked your thread with my rambling. Sorry.

Is that the 14816? What else are you going to do when you get it? 2.5 cat back?? Post videos!

Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
3rd Gear

Haha you didn't jack this thread don't worry, that's some good info. My Uncle uses Zaino on his Genesis. Zymol wax is supposedly really good too... I used it last year. I know Mothers and Meguiars aren't PREMIUM paint care products, but when it comes to over the counter stuff they're really good. My car is also 14 years old with plenty of rock chips, dings, dents and touch up paint marks all over it, so spending a lot of dough on premium products doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for telling me about Pinnacle, maybe when I buy a new car one day I'll use their products, but for now it's over the counter stuff .

And yes that is the 14816 muffler, I think that's all I'm doing for the exhaust, mainly because the car isn't even a standard, so I feel foolish even buying that muffler hahaha. Oh well! I'll post a video next week when it's installed.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
3rd Gear

pics are nice, kinda grainy. make sure the iso level is all the way down? makes me miss my car

Quick Reply: NickBroderick's Timeline.