B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Newbie Here: Possible Trade for an A4 1.8T Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
3rd Gear

No, I actually like the mudflaps! They would never fit most of our lowered cars, but it has a rally-esque look to it.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Well got it today and what a better day to get an Audi then the first day of snow here in Ohio? It has been raining all day and it dropped just enough to see some snow / sludge. I felt comfortable as can be driving around passing people and such. Took a 35 MPH off ramp at 50ish with my two buddies in the car that were both white knuckled from holding onto the "oh-snap" handles I will have pics coming as soon as I upload them from my phone. I definately plan on lowering it and doing quite a few other modifications in the near future.

Last edited by Capo Cam; 11-15-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

Okay, now I'm pissed! My fiance' wanted me to meet her for dinner at work so I go out to the Audi. Go to turn the headlights on and guess what? No F%^&ing headlights. The marker lights are working fine and if I pull the larger lever on the left the brights will come on. The dash indicates that the lights (low beams) are on but they are not? The smaller lever is in position 2 (up 2 clicks) with no excessive force. All fuses check ok in the fuse box next to the steering wheel on left. Are there any relays or anything that I should look for under hood or in trunk? The guy I got it from swears up and down that he has never had a problem with them and they worked fine last night. Please help! Suggestions, thoughts, comments, please! I don't think it could be possible that both low beams went out at the exact same time.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

Here are the pics I promised of my new car that I can now only drive in the day until I figure this all out:

Name:  front1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  side1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  stering1.jpg
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  seats1.jpg
Size:  16.0 KB

Old 11-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Site Moderator

Nice. It's in dire need of a sport steering wheel. Where in Ohio are you from?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Capo Cam
Okay, now I'm pissed! My fiance' wanted me to meet her for dinner at work so I go out to the Audi. Go to turn the headlights on and guess what? No F%^&ing headlights. The marker lights are working fine and if I pull the larger lever on the left the brights will come on. The dash indicates that the lights (low beams) are on but they are not? The smaller lever is in position 2 (up 2 clicks) with no excessive force. All fuses check ok in the fuse box next to the steering wheel on left. Are there any relays or anything that I should look for under hood or in trunk? The guy I got it from swears up and down that he has never had a problem with them and they worked fine last night. Please help! Suggestions, thoughts, comments, please! I don't think it could be possible that both low beams went out at the exact same time.
Could be the multi function switch (headlight switch, combo switch). To replace it, disconnect the battery (get your radio code first!), remove the airbag and the steering wheel. The switches come off as a unit. www.ECSTuning.com and www.PureMS.com both sell them.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...egory=Switches

Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
Nice. It's in dire need of a sport steering wheel. Where in Ohio are you from?
Thanks, I have plenty of stuff that I plan on doing to the car. Lowering, body kit, wheels, window tint are first on the agenda. I have a $2000.00 budget and a set of 24's off my truck I need to sell to add to the budget. I got the combi-switch fixed thanks to the guys on here and the DIY they showed me

Oh yeah, forgot. I live in Dayton, you?

Last edited by Capo Cam; 11-17-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Okay, so my passanger side rear tail light was busted out. I ordered one from ebay and this is what I got. Can you tell me if either one of these is the actual OEM for my '99 please. I plan on ordering a pair of aftermarket LED tails soon but for the time being I figured even if I have 2 different tails it still looks better then red tape..lol. TIA

rearpic.jpg?t=1227047010

Old 11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
4th Gear

the passenger is OEM

Old 11-18-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Thank you. So the driver is from a different year or is it aftermarket? Please forgive my ignorance, I am new to Audi. Some A-hole decided to smash out my passager side tail and put a nice key mark down the drivers side from the front fender all the way to the back. It's not that deep and looks like the majority of it just barely went through the clear and may be able to be buffed out?

Quick Reply: Newbie Here: Possible Trade for an A4 1.8T Quattro