B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

New Vmaxx coilovers released mid-2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default New Vmaxx coilovers released mid-2010

Ok as some of you know I'm driving around on a busted spring. I got the go ahead to get the Vmaxx coilovers. I went to their site and saw they will be releasing Adjustable Damping V-Maxx Coilover Kits in mid-2010. My question is do you think I should wait?!? I would really like to have the adjustable damping do to so many people say the org. is too soft... But I also don't want to be riding around on this spring for to long! On the cars they have already released it for it is selling for about $250 more than the org. Vmaxx so it would make the price for our B5s about $799... Again this is all from Stratmosphere. I'm going to call them as soon as they open to see if they can give me a release date... What your 2 cents?! How do you like you org Vmaxx?

Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 AM
2nd Gear

IMO coilovers are way overrated. I'd just get some springs and then, if you wanted a better ride, some good shocks e.g. Koni or Bilstein. And I most definitely wouldn't drive around on a broken spring for a season or more. I might consider driving it to pick up whatever I need to fix the spring and that's it.

Last edited by dragonrage; 02-23-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
4th Gear

Thank you so much for letting us know. I'm looking for a set of coilovers for cheap, but I really didn't want V-Maxx because of how much everyone complained about how soft they are, just like you were saying. New model, still pretty cheap? How can you argue with that... Maybe they need some testers (and we can all be like Phil), or a group buy this summer if enough are interested...

Oh, BTW, I wouldn't wait for new springs if one is broke.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

I called and talked to Stratmosphere and they didn't have a date but he said he would call them (germany) today and call me back as to when they will be getting them in the USA. So I'm going to hold off one or two more days!

And dragon I like coils so I can go low in the summer and up in these wonderful Ohio winters! I looked at how much it would cost me to just fix the spring which is about 1/2 of getting coils+install so I'm not even wasting the money and just getting coils!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Look out for some used OEM springs while you decide. They usually go for pretty cheap.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Stratmosphere called me back this morning and said that the A4 B5 are already out and that he will be getting them in on the next shipment. Aprox. 7 Weeks AHHHHHH! I told him yesterday I needed em NOW and so what he agreed to do what sell me the current set up and then when the new ones come in if I still wanted the Damping he would sell me the shock @ almost wholesale. (the springs are the same). I went ahead and ordered the the current ones and that gives me time to decide for myself if I even want the damping!

So 7 weeks is about the 1st week of April.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Stratmosphere called me back this morning and said that the A4 B5 are already out and that he will be getting them in on the next shipment. Aprox. 7 Weeks AHHHHHH! I told him yesterday I needed em NOW and so what he agreed to do what sell me the current set up and then when the new ones come in if I still wanted the Damping he would sell me the shock @ almost wholesale. (the springs are the same). I went ahead and ordered the the current ones and that gives me time to decide for myself if I even want the damping!

So 7 weeks is about the 1st week of April.
By the looks of your sig, it looks like you have non sport suspension. I have a set of non sport springs and I'll give you the one you need if you can pay shipping.

Just seems a lot easier to replace the broken spring and then put the Vmaxx's on when they come in instead of doing all 4 corners twice.

Also, from someone who's had Vmaxx coils for a year and a half, wait for the new ones cause you're def gonna want those.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

right now i have those vmaxx coilovers for a week now, and no problems with it..if your not gonna track the car vmaxx is pretty alright for a dd..