B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

New shoes today and altitude adjustment very soon:)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Default RE: New shoes today and altitude adjustment very soon:)

LOL, actually I do - it's been crazy this past week at home and I've been a little nuts lol, but I do still want them. You'll have email today (Sunday). It's after 3:30AM and I'm beat right now

Old 05-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Administrator

To be honest, I'm not sure what ones those are. I'd be surprised if he was though - I doubt he was too interested in "impressing" us that way!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator

jeremy figured out that his front rotors had that rust spot because the part of the rotor that touches to hub was not even. i'm having the same problem he is. just take off the rotor, sand down the hub and the inside of the rotor and put it back on. at least that's what he told me.
Yep, that's what it took, and the pads are now wearing evenly and the rotors have no surface corrosion. I think the ultimate cause of the problem was the lip around the center axle bolt hole in the hub - it was a little uneven and the rotors got "hung up" by just a small fraction during install, almost an imperceptible amount. It was small enough that it wasn't noticeable in driving. But now, with the rotors mounted truly straight, the wear pattern is even and the stopping is probably even a bit better than it was before, due to the pads contacting the full face of the rotor. You can even try tapping them on with a rubber mallet once you've got the sanding done and have remounted the rotors - give 'em a few whacks and see if they settle slightly more onto the hubs.

i'm gonna be doing that when the daym weather around here gets better because mine is royally messed up.
Bring it over - garage and tools are at your disposal.