B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

A new owner and member with some problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
1st Gear
Default A new owner and member with some problems.

Hello everyone.

I'm a noob to this forum as well as to the Audi world, I'll give you a summary of my story.

About a month ago I was driving down the local interstate in my Ford Focus, traffic came to a sudden stop, everyone seemed to keep up exept for the guy behind me who ended up ramming into my ~20mph-slow-going-rear-end at highway speeds. His action (or inaction) dominoed into a 5-car mash-up with my Focus taking most of the damage -seriously, if you add up the damage the rest of the cars suffered it would be less than what my car had. Needless to say, the Focus was totaled. To illustrate; he pushed me under the car in front so hard that the bumper cracked my windshield.

For those who are wondering: aside from some whiplash lasting the rest of that day, I am OK.

Anyway, the reason why I am posting this is because this event forced me into inheriting my dad's 1999 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 Turbo 5-Speed Manual. He gave me the car on two caveats,

1) Car goes to my name and I take care of the rest of the payments.
2) Car needs a few things to be replaced/repaired (whose cost will be covered with the $ from the totaling of the Focus)

So that is my story.

Now to business, my, *ahem* first, question to you all (now) fellow Audi owners is:

The Idle Air Control Valve is bad, now (correct me if wrong) I understand that this is located in the Throttle Body Housing -I was wondering, since I am having the toughest time finding someone that sells the darn IACV, do I need to replace the whole housing?

Thank you beforehand for your help and support!

Cheers!

- Seb

Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: A new owner and member with some problems.

its known as a ICV not a IACV, so thats probly why you couldn't find one. sometimes you can get lucky and just be able to clean it out w/ carb cleaner, if not you just replace it