B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

New interior upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

new steering wheel in line? it looks out of place a little bit

Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Nice to see you're back and still working on the car!
Like always, the car is looking great with those add-ons. Are you replacing the steering wheel or you're really digging the one you have?

Why not upgrade to bucket seats with CF?
The rear seat backs will be getting the CF treatment along with a few other items, but there is a seat I have been considering. The steering wheel is from Victor Racing and was only offered in Germany and is a lot better then the sport one that I got rid of.

I have always liked it because of the feel and the fact that I still retain my airbag, but I have been thinking about changing to something else as I have had this one for a while now. I always get mixed reviews on the steering wheel.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM

looks really clean man and i actually just installed those same pedals on my car. knock off but i think they look cool. im not sure if you already mentioned this but did you CF guy cuztom make all the trim pieces for you or does he mass produce them?

Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear

New steering wheel Fred. I've always wanted to paint my door handles black....after I get dried CF trim, RS4 pedals and a TT S-Line flat bottom steering wheel

Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigtm792
looks really clean man and i actually just installed those same pedals on my car. knock off but i think they look cool. im not sure if you already mentioned this but did you CF guy cuztom make all the trim pieces for you or does he mass produce them?
there's a guy on the site that mass produces them, someone is bound to remember his username...they are expensive however and run about $440 plus shipping and your originals...I've opted to create my own a cheaper way and will put up a tutorial if it works out.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear

mc hammered aka winston

Old 04-03-2009, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bigtm792
The guy who did my CF work for me is mainly on Audizine but his name is Terry Vella and he is the one that does all the work for Winston. He does mass produce trim but he also does custom pieces as well and he may even have some B5 trim already done.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by euro_2nr
New steering wheel Fred. I've always wanted to paint my door handles black....after I get dried CF trim, RS4 pedals and a TT S-Line flat bottom steering wheel
If I do get a new steering wheel I will consider an RS4 one but 700-900 for a steering wheel is a little high in my opinion.

This is the wheel I am considering getting:

Last edited by fred2ka4; 04-03-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Administrator

Fred - I seriously thought that was a stock pre-facelift non sport steering wheel until I saw the outer rim. But if you like it, by all means, you should keep it.

I also really love that RS4 steering wheel but IMO kind of looks out of place with the B5 interior. One of my buddies got a great deal from ebay.de for his B7 A4 (I believe he got it for $500 shipped) so keep your eyes open there. If I can commend, you should probably get something with CF inserts to match the rest of the interior like the Oettinger A3.

I can't wait to see the seats with the custom inserts.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Fred - I seriously thought that was a stock pre-facelift non sport steering wheel until I saw the outer rim. But if you like it, by all means, you should keep it.

I also really love that RS4 steering wheel but IMO kind of looks out of place with the B5 interior. One of my buddies got a great deal from ebay.de for his B7 A4 (I believe he got it for $500 shipped) so keep your eyes open there. If I can commend, you should probably get something with CF inserts to match the rest of the interior like the Oettinger A3.

I can't wait to see the seats with the custom inserts.
The steering wheel is definitely not stock and here is a better picture, but I have been looking lately as I am in the middle of this interior project even though this steering wheel has a very good feel to it as you can tell by the contours.

If this were a three spoke design, there would not be any questions as to keeping it or not .......

Victor Racing wheel w/airbag:

Name:  steeringwheelinstall015.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  69.6 KB

Last edited by fred2ka4; 04-03-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: New interior upgrade.