B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

new euro plate pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Default RE: new euro plate pics

ORIGINAL: Tweaked

ORIGINAL: cantdrive55

I know that in VA a front and rear plate is required. I had a euro on mine till a dick of a cop decided to bust on me for it. Mine even matches my regular plate and I added the VA registration stickers but he didn't think it cut it apparently...
Not this again. How is a cop a dick because he caught you breaking the law? No front plate, you get fined. Illegal plates are an even larger fine and can be considered misuse of registration. In CT, they can tow your car and send you walking home if you want to get nasty with them over your fake plate.

ORIGINAL: cantdrive55

Not sure about how your's looks with a euro but I definitely think that my silver looks funny with this little rectangle of a US plate stuck onto the front end. When I mount the euro on it seems to make the whole front end flow better and it doesn't make the plate look out of place.
No front plate looks amazing, but mine looks fine. It's not a show car or something, it's my toy and daily driver. Since we MUST have a plate on the front, might as well put the legal one one since any front plate looks out of place or shittty.

The law: you must have a license plate on both ends in many states. You: stop complaining when you don't comply.

Dude. Chill. We all know that you have to have the exact same plate on the front as is on the back.
We all know that it's illegal to have no front plate/any other plate on the front.
Some of us like the look of euro plates (kind of like how I like the color blue mor than green)
Some of us like the look of no front plate.
We all know that we could get a ticket or more for having a euro plate.
I also speed. That is against the law as well.
We take our lives into our own hands.

So SHUT UP.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
3rd Gear

Looks good

Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: The Bishop

Dude. Chill. We all know that you have to have the exact same plate on the front as is on the back.
We all know that it's illegal to have no front plate/any other plate on the front.
Some of us like the look of euro plates (kind of like how I like the color blue mor than green)

So SHUT UP.
It's cool man, I am chill. I am an EMT and have friends and co-workers who are cops and I'm sick of hearing "cops are dicks" when someone gets called out for breaking the law. It's lame.

And yes, I too prefer no front plate, but I don't constantly complain about it.

I just don't get the euro plate thing, it seems so yuppie to me. Typical yups around here that drive German cars have Jersey blowouts, fake tans, and euro plates. Bleah!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Tweaked

ORIGINAL: The Bishop

So SHUT UP.
It's cool man, I am chill. I am an EMT and have friends and co-workers who are cops and I'm sick of hearing "cops are dicks" when someone gets called out for breaking the law. It's lame.

And yes, I too prefer no front plate, but I don't constantly complain about it.

I just don't get the euro plate thing, it seems so yuppie to me. Typical yups around here that drive German cars have Jersey blowouts, fake tans, and euro plates. Bleah!

I think the jersey blowouts, fake tans, and euro plates, are just guidos!! Sayin stuff like not now cheif im in the zone and look at my new f*&%(* haircut...

Also, My entire family is basically in the EMT, 911 operators, and We all know cops... Even those he wanted to express a particular one as a dick... I c nothing wrong with that because you and I know there some major D-bag cops... Personally there are 2 types of cops: Those who protect and serve(which me need more of) and traffic harrassers who i could strangle on a daily basis...

Old 06-28-2008, 02:52 AM
1st Gear

by the way i like the euro style plate alot... I live in VA and have to keep my mirror in my window well thats until i move to florida-not sure how the law is there yet but anyway sets it apart from others and mayb even adds a lil class

Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

Tweaked:
I never said all cops are dicks. I have a cousin who is a sheriff and I personally know a few great cops. This guy was just being a dick. I wasn't speeding, swerving, aggressively driving, none of that, I was the only car driving down a little neighborhood road and he decided to pull out from his spot and follow me about 1/2 a mile before pulling me over. Then he gave me and my friends in the car this huge lecture about how he is there to keep the roads safe... To me he was just looking to write a ticket and it made it easier with me being a 17 year old kid and his friends in the car.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Its funny, people from Europe want our plates on their cars and "we" US want theirs.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: steezybme

by the way i like the euro style plate alot... I live in VA and have to keep my mirror in my window well thats until i move to florida-not sure how the law is there yet but anyway sets it apart from others and mayb even adds a lil class
florida is cool, you dont need a front plate and you can have your windows tinted as dark as you want.....

Old 06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

omg im so ready... It seems like the closer it comes for me to move the more gitty the cops get about trying to land me a ticket before im out of VA's raping law for life... Btw how long do you have to live in fla to obtain residency and plates??

Old 06-29-2008, 08:43 AM

I live in mass... illegal here too... but who cares...

Quick Reply: new euro plate pics