B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

new euro plate pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Default new euro plate pics

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics... tell me what u guys think

Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: new euro plate pics

i like it. looks really nice. i hope the popos don't come after you though

Old 06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Administrator

I was just gonna ask, is there anything illegal about euro plates? I just moved to VA from PA, where we didn't need front plates. If i wanted to put a euro plate on mine, is there a way to get out of having a front plate from VA or somewhere else to put it?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CCA4

I was just gonna ask, is there anything illegal about euro plates?
Yes, everything. They belong on cars registered in european countries...

I don't get the euro plate thing. If you have to have a plate on the front of the car, why not make it the legal and correct one instead of some bogus euro number plate? It's not like it looks good.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:06 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CCA4

I was just gonna ask, is there anything illegal about euro plates? I just moved to VA from PA, where we didn't need front plates. If i wanted to put a euro plate on mine, is there a way to get out of having a front plate from VA or somewhere else to put it?
I know that in VA a front and rear plate is required. I had a euro on mine till a dick of a cop decided to bust on me for it. Mine even matches my regular plate and I added the VA registration stickers but he didn't think it cut it apparently...

Here in FFX County it was a $30 ticket and $62 for processing. Not sure what the Loudoun County courts are in terms of processing fees.

ORIGINAL: Tweaked

I don't get the euro plate thing. If you have to have a plate on the front of the car, why not make it the legal and correct one instead of some bogus euro number plate? It's not like it looks good.
Not sure about how your's looks with a euro but I definitely think that my silver looks funny with this little rectangle of a US plate stuck onto the front end. When I mount the euro on it seems to make the whole front end flow better and it doesn't make the plate look out of place.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 PM

it looks tight!
where can you get one of these ?

Old 06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Looking nice!

Different people have different opinions and takes on Euro plate. In my opinion the Euro plate adds on to the European look of the car as it flows with the body line instead of the US license plate.

Mattman Enterprise is where I got mine. They used to be the forum sponsor.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Site Moderator

The first pic looks like the headlights are pointed downwards, almost like its looking at the bitching new plate its got on its bumper.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cantdrive55

I know that in VA a front and rear plate is required. I had a euro on mine till a dick of a cop decided to bust on me for it. Mine even matches my regular plate and I added the VA registration stickers but he didn't think it cut it apparently...
Not this again. How is a cop a dick because he caught you breaking the law? No front plate, you get fined. Illegal plates are an even larger fine and can be considered misuse of registration. In CT, they can tow your car and send you walking home if you want to get nasty with them over your fake plate.

ORIGINAL: cantdrive55

Not sure about how your's looks with a euro but I definitely think that my silver looks funny with this little rectangle of a US plate stuck onto the front end. When I mount the euro on it seems to make the whole front end flow better and it doesn't make the plate look out of place.
No front plate looks amazing, but mine looks fine. It's not a show car or something, it's my toy and daily driver. Since we MUST have a plate on the front, might as well put the legal one one since any front plate looks out of place or shittty.

The law: you must have a license plate on both ends in many states. You: stop complaining when you don't comply.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

del-taco-d

Quick Reply: new euro plate pics