B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

new engine help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Default new engine help

so a few months ago my engine ceased up on me and i am in the process of getting a rebuilt engine. I just had some questions on what i should do to the car. 1. should I just get the car up and running and sell it. 2. get the car running and fix whatever needs to be done to the car. or 3. get the car running and throw in an extra 6000 and add apr bi pass valves, samco hoses, dual mass flywheels, comp flywheels, rs4 clutch, apr high flow exhaust kit, apr chip, add new pulleys and all. the cost for 1. is around 5000-7000 the cost for two is about 6000-8000 and the cost for three is 12,000.

I need help because I am going to take out a loan to get this fixed and not sure if I am going to be taking out a loan if i should get it running or make it a stage II toy weekender. ???? please let me know, I am going to be getting this done in the next two weeks so help would be much appreciated

Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Site Moderator

Who are we to tell you that you should sell or not sell, or do a bunch of mods, or not...? Those are decisions only you can make. You really need to do A LOT of research before messing with your car. It worries me that you pluralize a bypass valve and flywheel. Please break down the math for me as to how you are getting each of your total figure$. None of it makes any sense. Asside from all that, if you need to take a loan out to fix your car, you are driving the wrong car. You should never have to do that, but I understand taking a hit on replacing the engine. On top of that you are talking about borrowing extra (a lot extra) money for mods which won't increase the value of your car. I'd personally sell the car as is and take a small loss as opposed to borrowing money to fix it and hope to get my money back in the sale to pay the loan off. None of this makes any financial sense, not one part.

Have you done the math on how much interest you'll pay on a personal loan like that with interest? If you can't comfortably pay it off within a month or 2 of getting it, don't do that to yourself.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-29-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 PM

I definitely agree that the mods will not increase the value of your car.. I would put all that money towards a more expensive car.. perhaps an S4 or a TT?