B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Need help Want more torque

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Default Need help Want more torque

I have a 2001 audi a4 1.8t quattro

So far the mods i have done are:

-Unitronic stage 2 tune
-2.5 inch exhaust
-3 inch cat delete downpipe
-Itg High flow air filter

I would appreciate some help on deciding on other mods to help me gain more torque.

I would love to do a turbo upgrade however i do not have the 1500$ to get the k04 job done (at least thats what my mechanic would charge me), unless anyone knows a cheaper way to get a k04 or better than stock turbo.

So besides a turbo, what else would i do to feel a nice torque gain?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:10 PM

well there a lot u can do. like gt a bigger turbo with a intercooler,um also u can chip the car, um wat else bigger injectors,fuel rails, change ur cam gears, u can add a boost controller,biger exhaustmanifold. but out of all of them the turbo will give u the most power like od. just b careful not to blow up ur engine.lol

Old 04-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Is the unitronic stage 2 tune not conciderd a chip?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:28 PM

well. idk but giac or giak i 4t how u spell it. has 2 chips 1 for transmition esp 4 tiptronic and one for the engine. so idk which one u gt. de trasmition chip or the engine chip. theres is one dat is esp 4 tiptronic it will make ur car **** faster. i heard its good. i never gt a chip b4 cuz i never had de money 4 it. but i heard giack is really good with audis.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

ngucajmaster.... where the **** did you learn how to spell? anyway the unitronic is a ecu program but even with that since your car is awd your not gonna feel or get as much torque as what you would expect. your car is a 4 door sedan weighing about 3600 pounds. so honestly your best bet would be a ko4 or a big turbo kit with supporting components.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM

jjcrt2.......Dude first this is not english class. Second my car is 3350 pounds not 3600 pounds.Third if u actually read what he said he cant afford a big turbo upgrade. Also i never said anything about how much horsepower he would get by adding one or all of what i mention. If he had the money i am pretty sure that he would have gotten the big turbo upgrade already as you mentioned, therefore may be never having to post this question. Plus what does my spelling ability having anything to do with with my ability to answer questions? Absolutely nothing so before you go judging people and **** learn to read the question clearly and chill out.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear

Haha, look how his writing improved!

Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM

lol i write like this beacuse im lazy. this is the same way i write on aim. and plus i got a lil frustrated sory about that guys. yes i know my spelling suks again dis is jus how i write its easy and fast. wen ppl have a problem or dont understand then i explain. but i still don think its cool to judge some1 jus cuz dey different den u or some1 else. no1 is perfect.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

yea agreed that no one is perfect but for the sake of trying to help someone out with their issue spelling plays a key role in helping everyone understand the point you are trying to get across. and if you dont know anything about unitronic then i dont think your should be saying too much, and cams wont help whatsoever unless your big turbo and even then not too many ppl bother with them. along the same lines getting the tranny chipped wont add torque so i really dont know why you even tryd to help this guy out since it really didnt seem like you know what you are talking about. get ahold of imthedevile or the guy with the blue s4 and theres another guy with a mac tools toolbox as his sig pic those are really really smart guys when it comes to this stuff.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

Agreed with JJCRT2, it took me a long time to read your posts. In my head I hear someone with a mental handicap reading your posts. If you want to not be judged, the best way is to use full words and punctuation. No more of dis n dat 4sure b.

Quick Reply: Need help Want more torque