B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My very own update thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Not bad man. Car is coming along nicely!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Baby Kito
Not bad man. Car is coming along nicely!
Thanks, got a lot more work to do! I'm ready for some performance upgrades...got the itch.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lm0812
Got the LED license plate lights installed last night. The picture makes them look a bit brighter than they really are.

When I had the turbo oil feed line replaced I went ahead and replaced the motor mounts with HD mounts and had them put in a Neuspeed snub mount. The throttle definitely feels more responsive now.
How do you install these and where did you buy them from? I'm interested in doing this to my car

Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

The itch isn't even the begining. Once I chipped my car and felt the gain it just gets worse. Im already planning out how Im gonna tune my car after a bigger turbo. It gets bad. But I reccomend either a forge or Bailey Dv then replace all your vacuum lines with silicone and chip that bad boy! Giac is what I have but Apr and Unitronic are good brands as well.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by audi guru
How do you install these and where did you buy them from? I'm interested in doing this to my car
The license plate light mounts are held in with two screws above the plate, just pop them out and install the new LEDs. I ordered mine off of http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I went ahead and replaced all the interior lights with LEDs. The map lights with red LEDs, the main dome light with white, the rear map lights with red, the vanity lights with white, license plate with white, and both trunk lights with white LEDs. Cost about $65 to outfit the whole car.

The itch isn't even the begining. Once I chipped my car and felt the gain it just gets worse. Im already planning out how Im gonna tune my car after a bigger turbo. It gets bad. But I reccomend either a forge or Bailey Dv then replace all your vacuum lines with silicone and chip that bad boy! Giac is what I have but Apr and Unitronic are good brands as well.
Next major thing to do is replace/install a 12 piece control arm kit, after that I'm planning on a Revo chip with Forge DV. I should probably replace the vac lines as well.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

It's amazing how much the little things matter on these cars! Looking good man!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
It's amazing how much the little things matter on these cars! Looking good man!
Thanks! And I agree, I've preoccupied myself with little cosmetic mods while I save for the bigger upgrades and have been really happy with the results.

I got focused on the back end, shaving it, the lip spoiler, LED license plate lights. I've got a simple stainless steel license plate frame on the way, back end should be done for awhile after I get LED taillights to complete the look .

Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
2nd Gear

did you find out,what was wrong with your car? if you got it fixed?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

You know what is even worse? Having the itch and not being able to scratch it because you have a 12v

Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by audi guru
You know what is even worse? Having the itch and not being able to scratch it because you have a 12v
Haha, I got that itch after a month of owning the car. That was a year and 2 months ago .

Quick Reply: My very own update thread