B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My update thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator
Red face My update thread! (ALL Done check it out! 4/22)

So as some of you know a lot is happening to my car right now so instead of every couple days making a new thread I am making ONE just this one and everything that happens will be up loaded here!

Ok tonight I went and bought my new wheels. I thought they REPs well once I got there and was looking at them they have the Audi logo and I was like wtf?! So any who the guy wanted $650, before I even went to look at them I talked him down to $550 and once I looked talked down to $530! They are 18x8? with a ET33! They are wrapped in some SEXY Michelin Pilot Sports! They have over 70% tread! So the tires alone new cost $278 a piece! So yep all for $530! Now to the pics and anyone wants to let me know what wheels these are lemme know! Now clearly these arn't the wheels I "WANTED" but the deal was good so yep...

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 04-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Those are the wheels off B6 USP.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thought so but wasn't sure thanks krip! The guy said they were off his A6 but he bought them at the dealer afterwards!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Some C5 A6's also come with those. I think the first cars who had them were the B5 RS4's.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 PM
3rd Gear

Should have used that money to fix your bumper

I don't understand why people buy things they don't really want because they were cheap. Why settle for something you don't want?

Anyway, enough negativity, let's see them mounted!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Nick, the car is going into the body shop on the 12th for one week stright to fix A LOT! That's one of the reason I made this thread so I can update that! Well I'll be honest I DO like these wheels I just think a lot of people do them. I had ordered Merc. AMG Monoblock II but they ended up 2 of them on back order and I wouldn't get them in time for NY and I want to be sexy by then! I found these on craigslist last week and thought I wasn't going to get a better price so why not?!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM
5th Gear

AMG monoblock Ii = sexy. i've been looking for a set of Aero monoblocks but they're either rly expensive or don't exist lol. great looking wheels though. so why didn't you put up pix of them on your car? i don't think you really own them until you put pix of them on your car hehe

Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hiwords
so why didn't you put up pix of them on your car? i don't think you really own them until you put pix of them on your car hehe
I need an alignment and don't want to eat up the tires. I'm getting the alignment Saturday so the tires will be put on Friday and I'll take pics! BUT I do own them hence why I took the pic with my plate visible on the car so you know it's mine!

and here's the link to where I was getting my wheels
http://www.finishlinewheels.com/MERC...TYPE+210/2001/

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Nick, the car is going into the body shop on the 12th for one week stright to fix A LOT! That's one of the reason I made this thread so I can update that! Well I'll be honest I DO like these wheels I just think a lot of people do them. I had ordered Merc. AMG Monoblock II but they ended up 2 of them on back order and I wouldn't get them in time for NY and I want to be sexy by then! I found these on craigslist last week and thought I wasn't going to get a better price so why not?!
Ah, that's good to hear , can't wait to see pics!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
I understand your rush to get the wheels to complete the look of the car in time for the NY meet. I also am in the process of looking at new shoes for the car. I've got too much in front of me right now. I could buy the wheels and tires and say **** it, but being like a responsible adult I have chosen to wait until after the meet. Ah well, glad to see you car is coming together. Can't wait to see your ride in NY

Quick Reply: My update thread!