B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My Track times at Edgewater

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Default RE: My Track times at Edgewater

ORIGINAL: 1.8TK3MP

ORIGINAL: A4speed

also, a4speed..carbonio is a wasteee, sell that and slap a k&n cone filter on. and are you auto or manual? how much boost do you run?
carbonio may have been a waste of money, but the ITG foam filter they use is way better then k&n.
idk about that...everyonw knows HKS's foam filters are know to be sucked thru a turbo, so i wouldnt trust a foam one
you need to do some more research, Eurosport and ITG are the leading air intake systems for all the turbo'd vw's. there is a reason why they rock, k&n is ok, but not this good.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: sineo

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

12v's are not allowed to run and Avants arent allowed withen the parking lot [8D]
I don't have a 12v, smarty...and everyone knows that Avants are awesome. You've been chugging Haterade.
Im totally jealous of your ******* wagon! I dont need no haterade either [8D]

Old 03-16-2008, 11:13 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
Im totally jealous of your ******* wagon!
I know, Cincy. I know.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

also, a4speed..carbonio is a wasteee, sell that and slap a k&n cone filter on. and are you auto or manual? how much boost do you run?
carbonio may have been a waste of money, but the ITG foam filter they use is way better then k&n.
idk about that...everyonw knows HKS's foam filters are know to be sucked thru a turbo, so i wouldnt trust a foam one
you need to do some more research, Eurosport and ITG are the leading air intake systems for all the turbo'd vw's. there is a reason why they rock, k&n is ok, but not this good.
they work good for our stock pea shooters, but use one on a 50t or larger and see what hapens

Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

sineo...u never told me when were gonna have out GTG[sm=smiley9.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm make believe

You both fitting over nothing. Both will flow plenty for any turbo. The foam one sacrafises more filtering for flow than the k&n, thats about it. The main reason people use the HKS is because the shroom is compact and fits perfectly in tight spots.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

did you say something about shrooms?...lol

Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
3rd Gear

Ha...uh...let me check my calendar, but I wash my hair a lot, so you know...I'm pretty busy.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 PM

yes cincy, normal foam filters aren't that great as far as getting more air in then a k&n filter, except for itg. i know it seems like im making a big deal out of it, but i think this is information everyone should know and im just making it clear, ITG is not a normal foam filter.

ITG Performance Air Filters
The ITG "Pro-Filter" is a high grade direct replacement filter for your Volkswagen or Audi. These drop-in filters are designed to fit inside your factory airbox and are suitable for road or competition use. The Pro-Filter utilizes the same three layer Reticulated polyester foam used on the MAXOGEN air filters. The three layers of foam selected for the Pro-Filter combined with the arresting stickyness of the dust retaining oil, give a high level of filtration to protect the engine from all the damaging particles in the ambient air stream. Unlike some of the competition, ITG filters have a massive dust load-up tolerance, which is the ability to absorb a large amount of dust without reducing air flow capacity.

Thedesign skill and technology employed to bring this filter to production are superior to all other filter makes, and yet the price is still competitive. The wealth of design skill available at ITG has created the lightest, most capable filters in all fields of motorsport from Formula 1 to the World Rally Championship. The Pro-Filter range receives this same attention to detail at the design stage and is then taken into production with the consummate quality for which ITG is renowned. Increase your vehicle's potential by fitting it with a drop-in Pro-Filter! No additional oiling ever needed. LIFETIME WARRANTY

Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

Ha...uh...let me check my calendar, but I wash my hair a lot, so you know...I'm pretty busy.
ooh, ok...i see how it is, im the nicest person ever to you on AF..lol

Quick Reply: My Track times at Edgewater