B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My PES G1 Install (Pix & Vid)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Default My PES G1 Install (Pix & Vid)

Preface: Before i start, i want to first acknowledge Tomasz from over at AW for helping me get the G1 installed. He has a lot of background on the G1 and i was fortunate enough to employ his services on Sunday. Tomasz, thank you man! I also want to thank Roger@Capital Audi for taking care of my vacuum lines - appreciate the help

Words escape me. My car is an absolute blast to drive now. The throttle response is wonderful and the more i push the pedal, the more she goes. It's almost like driving your new Audi for the first time - yeah, you know the feeling

Started about 9-9:30ish and i was pulling out of the driveway by 6:30pm (we were really done about 5:30ish). During that span we did the complete t/b job along with the s/c install, new injectors, and new vacuum lines. It was a long day, but my wait is over (and so is yours)....

Pics:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...view=slideshow

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1JfAXTWgQ
(i will get better video later in the week - wanted to at least post something so i wouldn't get flamed for no video)

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM

dude, that is sick! congrats on the upgrade!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

I hope you also put new valve cover gaskets on or at least recently because me thinks it wont be so easy from now on. Even plugs and wires.... other then that im super jealous.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on the amazing job!! I hope to do the same with a g2 early next year (~April). DID you have to remove the TB or was that just because you were also doing a tb job? I just did that this past summer so I don't want to have to do it again so soon.

Great job and amazing vehz though. Enjoy it!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JasonnosaJ
Congrats on the amazing job!! I hope to do the same with a g2 early next year (~April). DID you have to remove the TB or was that just because you were also doing a tb job? I just did that this past summer so I don't want to have to do it again so soon.

Great job and amazing vehz though. Enjoy it!
It's not a bad idea to replace everything if you decide to go s/c. My t/b was done about 35k ago, but i wanted to start fresh with new components since i was upgrading, plus the front end had to come off anyways, so it was a perfect time to do it.

The only thing that i didn't get to do were my cam seals, so that means i have to rip the s/c back out when i do them

Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear

yeah....I didn't do the cam seals when I did my tb anyways...how easy is just the sc part....you know removing or installing it?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM

The actual s/c install wasn't too bad. The biggest pain was getting the crap off that you needed to take off to get it in. Fortunately for me, a lot of that stuff didn't need to go back in. The G1 install is a lot easier than the G2. With the G2, you have to take off the fuel rail and manifold, with the G1, it just mounts to the side of the engine

Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 PM
4th Gear

SWEET!!! Lets get some in car video and driving video. I want to see this thing go!

Josh

Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 AM

thats sick dude!
are you pretty happy with it?? i mean do you really think its worth it??
what was the price tag on this s/c set up anyways??
im considering doin this in the future...

Old 10-21-2008, 12:21 AM
5th Gear

that is sweet. looks like a very feasible project. kinda wished i had money to somewhat satisfy my hunger for a bit more power but i got bigger plans than a G1 hehe. def put up more vids and dyno that thing

Quick Reply: My PES G1 Install (Pix & Vid)