B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My first B5.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
1st Gear
Default My first B5.

Hey guys new to the Audi crowd, but i just recently purchased an Audi a4 98.5. She needs some work done but i hope to make her immaculate.

Normal wear and tear:
Drivers Seat torn
High idle
Dings (including bumper replacement and the previous owner claimed to be a licenses car painter but he couldn't the color to match)
Also need to do a boost leak test not sure how the turbo is doing.

Everything else in the car seems to be running strong. No electrical problems, winter package with heated seats, mirrors etc. and EVERYTHING works which i'm pleased with.

I did happen to clean the throttle body and the MAF sensor but the car still seems to be idling high. I'm not sure if it needs a throttle body adjustment i planned on just getting it on my new ecu when i got around to doing it. But on the upside it made the car run much better since then but I have only put maybe 30 miles on the car total until i get it insured and get the fluids done myself just for peace of mind.

As far as mods already done to the car:
I de-badged the back of the car (a4,1.8t badges) and it has black audi rings, front and back.
Previous owner claimed to have put a Stage 1 organic racing clutch in himself. Grabs fine no grinds shifts smooth. With a new flywheel as well.
He also said he put an aftermarket BOV in, but I want to replace it.
As well as a magnaflow exhaust in.

She growls nice and she looks pretty clean. I'll post pictures soon. He somehow managed to curb rash the **** out of the wheels so i primered and painted them black for now and wrapped them in some Bridgestone Potenza Poleposition re60's. I got a deal on them because i guess they were discontinued and replaced with the re70's but they seem to be nice tires.

What i want to do to the car:
I really want to add tints, repaint the car either silver or go with a black/midnight blue after i add an s4 bumper and fogs to the front.
Coiloivers.
17/18's - current wheels ill keep for the winter.
Obviously replace the turbo with either a k04 or a frankenturbo. maybe i could get a decent used k03 to hold me off until i have the money for that.
FMIC
I need to upgrade the brakes.
ECU, something aggressive probably a GIAC program.

But if anyone has any experience with b5's up near Seattle with a Vagcom and is willing to help me do a throttle body alignment I'm about an hour away across the water.

My official introduction to the forum. I may not post a lot but I read up on things frequently. I'll be around for a while, i have a lot of motivation for this car and am just scratching the surface so you guys will be hearing from me!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

Heres some pictures from when i picked her up.

Attached Thumbnails My first B5.-img_0142.jpg   My first B5.-img_0137.jpg   My first B5.-img_0136.jpg  
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

love the black rings on the rear, i painted the front grill black but in between the audi rings on front i removed the fins looks very clean, looks exactly like mine btw lol ull love it

Old 06-23-2012, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

That's actually a great idea. I think i might do that tomorrow haha.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

You'll love this car. Lots of things you can do to it.