B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My early Christmas present...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Beer Mod
Ya it a fact that they are not as bright, but when ppl say say you cant see **** with 10-12K and there only for show cars is bullshit. My 12K are way brighter than my buddies 6K's in his car so i don't know where you get off. It could be the headlight it's self it could be the hight off the ground or many other things. BTW I don't recall "quoting" anyone so STFU Dr. Phil
Someone trying to justify that purchase when he knows we're right?

10000k bulbs throw less than half the light of 4300k. Figure about 3200 lumens for the 4300k, but something perhaps like 1200 lumens for 10000k. About 1500 lumens for 8000k.

If you want to keep your 12000k bulbs then that's fine. But they really aren't all that bright.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 AM
3rd Gear

Dragon post a pic of you HID's.... You do have HID's right?

Here is my point Dr Phil is trying to say that his 8K's are brighter through that clouded *** pre 99.5 headlight than a 12K through a projector headlight and that's just not true.

I love my 12K's so much I bought them for my 2002 Superduty LOL

Attached Thumbnails My early Christmas present...-539.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

Dragon post a pic of you HID's.... You do have HID's right?
Does it matter? What does that have to do with anything?

I have no idea how bright Phil's headlights are. I am speaking about bulbs only, and 10000k are MUCH less efficient than, say, 4300k.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dragonrage
Does it matter? What does that have to do with anything?

Because if you don't then let me tell you, YOUR the one that's sporting headlights that really aren't that bright....LOL

Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear

You're right. My headlights aren't very bright. But I didn't go out and pay for a kit that gives me 1/3 (or less) of the light that a kit of the proper color temperature would. And I bet you've got crazy glare from improper (or missing) cutoffs.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dragonrage
You're right. My headlights aren't very bright. But I didn't go out and pay for a kit that gives me 1/3 (or less) of the light that a kit of the proper color temperature would. And I bet you've got crazy glare from improper (or missing) cutoffs.

You need to quit hattn' man it's sad. Next your guna tell me my GT2871R Elim kit is **** because a "real" GT2871R makes a whole 30 more hp when I'm already making 300hp.....

Did it ever occur to you that I bought them cuz I like the deep blue look and the fact that they are WAY brighter than what I had? In my eyes it was a win, win deal. Why is that so hard to see?

Last edited by Beer Mod; 11-09-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 AM
2nd Gear

You need to quit hattn' man it's sad. Next your guna tell me my GT2871R Elim kit is **** because a "real" GT2871R makes a whole 30 more hp when I'm already making 300hp.....

Did it ever occur to you that I bought them cuz I like the deep blue look and the fact that they are WAY brighter than what I had? In my eyes it was a win, win deal. Why is that so hard to see?
Its not hard to see that they're brighter than what you started with. But yes, the higher temps are known to be somewhat less useful for night driving. They may hurt your eyes just as much or more, but they cast weird shadows and light things in strange ways. They're your headlights though. What everyone is up in arms about is this:
1.) You're making a ***** contest out of your headlights, and then knocking people who dont have what you have.
2.) You told a guy to drink bleach. What the **** man? Is it that important to you that he go off himself for being (in your eyes, which are presently blinded by a purple HID glow) wrong? I don't give a **** if you were joking, you dont just go tell someone to off themselves on a public forum. Have some sense of discrepancy.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kayakman13
1.) You're making a ***** contest out of your headlights, and then knocking people who dont have what you have.
2.) You told a guy to drink bleach. What the **** man? Is it that important to you that he go off himself for being (in your eyes, which are presently blinded by a purple HID glow) wrong? I don't give a **** if you were joking, you dont just go tell someone to off themselves on a public forum. Have some sense of discrepancy.

1) I didn't start this I ended it and yes I'm proud of what I have worked hard to have. I feel i have every right to call out people who talk down on people that they are jealous of and that is exactly what dragon was doing. I proved it when he admitted he has stockers, yet talked **** about HID's like he even knows what it's like to own a set.

2) Clearly you are a NOOB and have not been on here long enough to see how this site has evolved into what it is today. Search my old posts if you don't believe me, hell search onepoint8tee's old posts he was a riot back in the day. It was a joke and if your skin ant thick enough don't fan the flames NOOB!

Last edited by Beer Mod; 11-09-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 AM
3rd Gear

you don't really need much thickness in your skin to handle internet arguing.. I don't really know what you're trying to accomplish by saying a lot of what you've said in here and the thread bumping is kinda annoying when it's because of pretty useless posts. white is brighter than blue. blue makes things glow and some people like the look better even if it's not as bright as possible. I wouldn't doubt some 12000k hid kits aren't as bright as some non hid bulbs.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by aledelic42
you don't really need much thickness in your skin to handle internet arguing. white is brighter than blue. blue makes things glow and some people like the look better even if it's not as bright as possible.
See how simple that could have been put. Maybe some of us are better with words than others huh....?

Quick Reply: My early Christmas present...