B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My Audi is JINXED! But this last accident saved my life.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default My Audi is JINXED! But this last accident saved my life.

So before I had this Audi, I had a GMC Sierra, and it never gave me any problems. Then came the Audi, and for a long period of time, series of bad things have been happening. All in less than one year.
1) Pulled over in a work zone (double-fined) $444 & 8 points.
2) After taking a break from speeding, my road ego set off again when someone cut me off, so pulled over again for speeding and reckless driving.
3) Small parking lot accident with a very nasty result due to the fact that the truck was moving the other direction therefore tearing my rear bumper off 12 feet along with my taillight shattered and rear quarter panel crushed in upon impact. Everything about it had bad LUCK written all over it.
4) Friend's door penetrates an ugly dent/scratch into the metal of my door after school after trying to back out of parking spot unaware that his friend in the backseat has his door wide open, even though i even reparked my audi far enough from his isuzu trooper to where his door can be opened all the way for the specific purpose of preventing him from hitting my car or door dinging.
5) Transmission becomes toast, so had to get it replaced. After getting replaced, the new used transmission has leaking problem.
6) Transmission shop guys never screwed the cruise control thing back into place therefore tangling with my throttle. A week later, as I went into the suicide lane of a road, my throttle gets stuck to the redline and the only way to stop was to turn off the ignition.
7) Oversteered into a snow bank, left fog light broke out of its plastic surrounding and the plastic surrounding broke off.
8) Rear ended by a lady while yielding to get into a roundabout. After scooting a little closer with my foot still on the brakes, she supposively thought I was about to go, but obviously not cuz there is still tons of traffic in there. She rams right into the back of me.
9) Pulled over for non-illegal tint, minor consumption of alcohol/minor operating motor vehicle after alcohol consumption under 0.01 breathalyzer.
10) Now, last but not least... Just before Christmas Eve, I get t-boned by a dodge minivan.

The thing that holds/controls my front right wheel broke in half. But this one probably saved my life. As you can see in the rust spots...

The thing was already half broken. If I never got t-boned to finish that off, it would've probably done it by itself on the highway or something which wouldn't be safe. Knowing this fact saved me from my depression!
Thank you, God. But man, this Audi is jinxed!
Does anyone know how much a new door panel and front quarter panel will be?

Last edited by 5L1K; 12-26-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

man thats shitty. www.shokan.com go there and give them a call, the lady is very knowledgeable and will help out, thats where i get all my sued parts, you just have to pay a bit more for shipping. you are prob looking at $300-400 for a used full door assembly, and then prob like $100 for a used fender (not too sure on the door though

sorry ehar that man, good luck, and try to make some money from insurance and spend it on some goodies

Old 12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
5th Gear

the broken part is called the spindle. you sure that's the only thing broken? i would imagine your tie rod end and control arms are all busted. watch out for people parting out cars. they might have the door and fender in the same color for cheap. i'd say the 2 body parts will cost you about 300 at most and then you might have to paint them to match your car so another 200. spindle will run you about 100. check your axle too. also, you might need a wheel bearing and a hub if the spindle you buy doesn't come with one. again people parting out their cars will not go and take out the wheel bearing and hub so keep your eyes open. i hope you're ok man. there are too many drivers who shouldn't be on the road. good luck on finding the parts and getting her fixed up

Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 PM
3rd Gear

The car's totaled... to get it right it will need frame straitening a door and fender will not fix it correctly.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for your the replies. the spindle and everything is all set, the wheel is on, but needs some alignment i guess because the stirring wheel must be tilted a little to go straight. As far as the body, I really want to get that fixed up and yes, i must get through the frame now so let's hope this works out. Thanks for the website, The Russian!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

damn that is horrible man, when it rains it poors i guess. lol. you get any insurance money from any of the wrecks?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

Damn dude....stay away from me!! lol

Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 AM
3rd Gear

I know what you mean by saving your life. I just put springs on my car and found an upper control arm that was almost ready to pop out.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

its because of those headlights.... trust me

get a new a4, get some oem headlights and your problems will be solved

Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Banned

i think it is the headlights, god doesnt like those!..lol

Quick Reply: My Audi is JINXED! But this last accident saved my life.