B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Absolutely love your car. Makes me wish I didn't have a 12v, grrr. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to do the 4.2 swap whenever my motor decides to crap out.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by ptowna4
I hate audizine, so no I never posted them there before. That site is full of a bunch of ppl who say nothing but mean things such as Andrew149!

But when it comes to dealing with a 1.8 with an eliminator kit i have no experience. I have pulled a gti with a ko4 plus almost all bolts on (so a nice stage2+) and it wasn't that close, as in I walked.

The numbers are close when talking about a 1.8t elim, they have more horsepower I have more torque, but of course this is a generalization. If it was a stage III I would def. lose.

What do you mean by "small bt setup"? Like small "built setup"?

All in all the 2.8 is the red headed step child of the audi world but I STILL LOVE MINE. It is all about being original. How many people have b5 s4s or b5 1.8ts....everyone. Who has a b5 2.8 pes g1....i think there are three of us total.
what i meant by small bt setup was like the disco potato or other non full bodied kits.... an elim is a stage 3.... and my elim is roughly 280awhp(never dyno'ed... just going off cars i beat).... is the pes kit rated at or above 350 chp?

you actually have that backwards, the 1.8t was the original step child..... the audi community has made the n/a motors step children.... i mean props for doing something different, but you gotta have an elim member near you.... run them..... and you realize the wrx is not that fast stock either

Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Slut

Kraut, where the hell you been man? Personally, I think a good elim setup could take pes, but I don't wanna turn this into a pissing match. I think the op's car is very tastefully done, and id love to have it as a daily.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Kraut, where the hell you been man? Personally, I think a good elim setup could take pes, but I don't wanna turn this into a pissing match. I think the op's car is very tastefully done, and id love to have it as a daily.
just chilling..... getting tats...... i have always loved the sound of a s/c and +1 on nice car/dd car.... but you are limited with that motor unless you got mad jack.... i mean there is a guy here in stl that took his 03 cobra and made it into a 1000hp turbo car..... but i bet that is a **** ton of $'s

i mean look at hoods car, not too many 2.8's will get there

Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Slut

I'm actually a lil suprised that mikes car is still in the 10's. Chris Tapp got a full weight A4 on a very similar engine setup as mine (same tune on the same1000cc injectors, built 2.0 with a slightly smaller bore than me and mike, same turbo, and imo an inferior head than mine) to run a 10.82. Now mike is/was on 1200cc's, same turbo, and standalone, with slicks and weight reduction and some more lil things. I can't remember if he runs meth or not tho. I know he's having drivetrain problems, and if that's figures out can put another turbo on there and make 9's easy, but I'm just suprised he never broke into them before. His car is obv no joke and the ****** can drive... hopefully I will finally have my car running right by the end of winter and can get some slips and vids posted.

Kraut, no 2.8 will ever be like that lol. Did you ever use my old flowstack?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
I'm actually a lil suprised that mikes car is still in the 10's. Chris Tapp got a full weight A4 on a very similar engine setup as mine (same tune on the same1000cc injectors, built 2.0 with a slightly smaller bore than me and mike, same turbo, and imo an inferior head than mine) to run a 10.82. Now mike is/was on 1200cc's, same turbo, and standalone, with slicks and weight reduction and some more lil things. I can't remember if he runs meth or not tho. I know he's having drivetrain problems, and if that's figures out can put another turbo on there and make 9's easy, but I'm just suprised he never broke into them before. His car is obv no joke and the ****** can drive... hopefully I will finally have my car running right by the end of winter and can get some slips and vids posted.

Kraut, no 2.8 will ever be like that lol. Did you ever use my old flowstack?
not sure why he hasn't.... i think he is just fine with beating everything he races so no need to worry about times..... i have not yet.... i tried putting it one once, but with the maf and the tip it hits the back of the inner fender and pushes the tip off the turbo.... i know i can get a u-bend and will once i get a new maf.... or finally go mafless..... not sure what i want to do, cause i have to drive my car so i can't send off the ecu to uni to be reflashed and just not in a rush to get a maf...... or i might just wait till i go bigger turbo

Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Last I heard he hasn't had a full run with the full power he has... IIRC his fastest run so far was only putting down 500ish hp... This new tranny he got tho should let him go ***** out!

Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Guru

too bad he can't put down the power on the street that he is on the dyno..... but lets all admit that a 10.3-10.8 a4 is fast as hell and would be fun as ****

now a 9.x a4 would be better than shooting heroin and sex at the same time

Last edited by turbo kraut; 12-21-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: ninja
Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ptowna4
SWEET! But go for a m90 super instead of a m62. Then it will be a BEAST!!!

where would i find this m90 super?

Old 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Guru

http://tinyurl.com/2v7jwtf

Last edited by turbo kraut; 12-21-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: ninja