B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

More CF interior pieces .......

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear

one side of me doesnt see why your going through all the trouble and money on a car that, as much as you dont want to believe it, will break down. plus you were going to sell it? these audis are old and are not going to hold up forever, your just throwing away money.

the other side of me thinks your car is friggen awesome. i wish i had an audi like that. i can only dream about having an audi as nice and fast as yours.

i guess being a college student with no money makes me angry when i see someone spend as much on carbon fiber accessories as i do on trying to live.

sorry my rant is over.

still love your car.

Last edited by scotts custom; 12-14-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by scotts custom
one side of me doesnt see why your going through all the trouble and money on a car that, as much as you dont want to believe it, will break down. plus you were going to sell it? these audis are old and are not going to hold up forever, your just throwing away money.

the other side of me thinks your car is friggen awesome. i wish i had an audi like that. i can only dream about having an audi as nice and fast as yours.

i guess being a college student with no money makes me angry when i see someone spend as much on carbon fiber accessories as i do on trying to live.

sorry my rant is over.

still love your car.
Most of the money was spent way before I decided to sell the car but as of now I do not intend to sell. I take very good car of my vehicles as far as maintenance is concerned so breaking down is not an issue but time and unforeseen circumstances befall us all so I always keep an emergency fund just in case.

I am a little older then the average Audi owner on these forums so I try to plan as much as possible and if I can't afford it, I don't buy it. My next project was to do a complete engine build but that project will come a little later as all cars break down but I have seen some very well kept older vehicles that would put a lot of newer cars to shame and they are not the best looking but just well maintained.

Everyone has hobbies and this one is mine as I have told my wife many times that I could be doing a lot worse things like cheating, drinking or gambling but this one keeps me at home and in the garage. I probably could not have done this at a younger age so when you finish your school and you get yourself situated with your career, consider spoiling yourself a little for all your hard work. I could have purchased a more expensive car but building and customizing them is half the fun.

Thanks for the positive comments .......

Last edited by fred2ka4; 12-15-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
5th Gear

you should tell your wife that you're a *****. a CF ***** lol. i'm glad you're not selling that her anymore. you've spent way too much love to let it go that easily.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
4th Gear

god your addiction to CF is worse than my addiction to ciggerettes.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
2nd Gear

Well here are some progress pictures of the door inserts. Today was first cut and trim day and I forgot how much I hate cutting and sanding fiber glass, plastic, or now for the first carbon fiber. It was a tedious day with the dremel and sander as I cut excess CF and resin to get it closer to the shape of the door.

The picture I posted yesterday was of a rear insert in a front door, so today are the correct configurations and some updated pictures. I will keep you posted of the progres and fit and finish but I think it is going to look great. In the picture below the insert is still a little big but I would rather take my time then to take off to much and be screwed.

Name:  CarbonFiberInterior025.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  CarbonFiberInterior026.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  CarbonFiberInterior030.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  168.4 KB

In these last two pictures a piece of the door foam got in front of the CF in the back corner so it is not a mis-cut piece of trim as more trimming still needs to be done in order for it to fit better .......

Name:  CarbonFiberInterior031.jpg
Size:  155.0 KB

Name:  CarbonFiberInterior031.jpg
Size:  155.0 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CarbonFiberInterior031.jpg (155.0 KB, 41 views)