B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Meloman's timeline

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by meloman
Well fixed my tranny problem, the reason i missed this epic meet was all because of loose pressure plate bolts........

I was relieved when that was all it was, but that relief did not outweigh the embarrassment
Awwwww you didn't tq them down correctly huh? Happens lol. Glad that you got it figured out.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
Congrats on the swap.....enjoy rowing your own gears!!!!
Thanks! Its like falling in love with the car all over again

@Papa_Dios Yeap....total rookie mistake, but damn it feels great to have it running, and a normal clutch engagement point!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

So I wanna take the rings off the trunk again, but my trunk was just painted a couple months ago, is that gonna cause me problems? I used goof off and then buffed it out when I did my other badges, dont really have experience with fresh paint though, should I be alright?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

I think the paint should be cured by now, but I'm not a paint guy. Might PM Pat and see what he has to say?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks! I'll shoot him a pm.

Alsoooo... got some stuff for sale VWVortex.com - All sorts of parts, full auto drivetrain, engine parts, fogs...etc

Old 08-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Administrator

YGPM home slice

Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

Well the last week has been interesting.

Successfully installed an apr snub mount which I absolutely love for the price and ease of install. I would advise to just buy the new mount as well though because I spent just as long shaving it down (to avoid vibrations) as I did to fully install it.

Also did a full interior detail

And my rear windshield shattered....
Lesson learned, dont let someone whos pissed at you close your trunk, they may slam it while theres a screwdriver at the bottem of the windshield. If it wasnt for my tint I'd probably have thousands of glass pieces to pick up.

Lastly I decided to start retrofitting my HID fogs, fitting new front speakers (ordered too big so now doing a stealth retrofit) and refinishing my winter wheels, none of these were finished though because I started up school today and freshman arent allowed to have cars so its looking like this timeline is going to be very slow over the next year.

But stay tuned, a few nice surprises coming

Old 09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
1st Gear

FRESHMAN??!?!?!?!? As in high school? Can't wait to see more progress car has come a long way

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

Haha I cant tell if thats serious... But either way no, in college I love looking at how far its come, I found some old pics on my phone the other day and it doesnt even look like the same car.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by meloman
Haha I cant tell if thats serious... But either way no, in college I love looking at how far its come, I found some old pics on my phone the other day and it doesnt even look like the same car.
O no just asking I know a couple of 15-16 year olds with Audis just just wondering lol. Yea I love that feeling of accomplishment.

Quick Reply: Meloman's timeline