B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Man, talk about mixed luck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Default Man, talk about mixed luck...

So the impending Syracuse Audi meet-n-greet has lit a fire under me to finish a few things on the car that I've been wanting to do. This past week I repainted my calipers and also painted my lowers (after two years of wanting to do so). Got it done and the factory-match paint doesn't quite match after all. Pissed me off but I still have to wetsand, buff, and polish/wax them so I'm hoping that will do it. The biggest visual difference is reflectivity and I know that even using two-stage base/clear automotive paint, using spray cans can't match a paint gun, so I'm expecting that at the end of it, it won't be 100% perfect, but it should be quite close.

Then I boot up my PC yesterday morning and it's completely frigged up. Spent quite a bit of time trying to unf*ck it but at this point it's either reformat or go buy a new one.

Hopefully at least my next project will work out better (fully custom trunk setup, which I've got full confidence in since I've built tougher ones than what I'm planning for this car). I'm in the garage right now, starting to take measurements and am hoping to have this wrapped up over the next few days, well in time for the meet. Bummer is that for now I can't even put up any pics of the work that's done or a progress thread on the trunk build, as I'm having to post from my iPhone. Such is life I guess lol.

Hope things are working out more smoothly for you guys! As for the Dino BBQ meet on the 30th, if you're within a few hours of Syracuse hopefully you'll be there. It should be a great time

Last edited by ImTheDevil; 08-16-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

I hear you loud a clear man.......

I've been wanting to paint my lowers now for some time. I just finished a wash/wax job yesterday for Audi BBQ in NJ. Sucks it was pushed back til next weekend. But that gives me time to try and sneak in another mod I want to do........new grille. Hope I can get it done in time.