B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Lowered standards for the new year

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

DUDE! u need super softer rubber or some kind of "brush-like" mudflaps, im picturing a very small version of what RVs have, to Sweep the ground when you're really low to the ground..

HAHA that would be epic!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Administrator

I like!

You're still interested in shaved rear valance?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:26 AM
2nd Gear

you should get something that will drag on the street and make sparks lol

Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
2nd Gear

haha tourbo,
then add some curb feelers!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

looks outstanding! im envying this!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
lol nice. how fast can you get up and down with the paddle valves? Thats gotta be so nice to be able to adjust it on the fly.

Summer i hope! Once I sort out this lean code I have a timing belt to replace but after that the fun starts .
this is a four paddle valve setup and mine is only two. mine's a little bit slower than this.. it'd be nice faster but I kinda like how it goes up and down smooth and slowly instead of really quickly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1rcFkMZuR8

are you gonna go with coilovers?

Originally Posted by NHolzschuh
DUDE! u need super softer rubber or some kind of "brush-like" mudflaps, im picturing a very small version of what RVs have, to Sweep the ground when you're really low to the ground..

HAHA that would be epic!
that was my original plan until ecs had these for sale for five bucks a set..

Originally Posted by kriptonik
I like!

You're still interested in shaved rear valance?
my tips are too far out right now to shave the valence and I'm liking them exposed so not at the moment

Originally Posted by Tourbo24
you should get something that will drag on the street and make sparks lol
lol maybe some time

thanks for the comments again guys! I'm going out for some late night wheel well surgery now
edit: well I got the passenger's side down to about 22.0 and it still needs a lot of cutting... not looking forward to it. or cutting right under the ecu box on the driver's side..

Last edited by aledelic42; 01-05-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by aledelic42
this is a four paddle valve setup and mine is only two. mine's a little bit slower than this.. it'd be nice faster but I kinda like how it goes up and down smooth and slowly instead of really quickly
Thats pretty cool though, gotta be convenient to be able to adjust it easily, regardless of how long it takes.

Originally Posted by aledelic42
are you gonna go with coilovers?
Still not sure. I don't imagine I would ever need to go *really* low, and probably wouldn't be able to get around that way even if i wanted to, so I'm having trouble making myself justify spending a grand on coils or an air setup. I've got half a mind to throw some race springs on it and be done with it

Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Actual WIZARD

I have a feeling when nick gets on air, hes, gonna hit his switchez, dump it, and break yet another tranny pan

Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

lol yeah it's cool being able to adjust height with switches. if you decide to go air let me know if you need any help with anything. you should get air parts instead of maintenance and then you, nick and I can meet up and have a dual air install with your car and his race springs ftl unless you cut them or the struts up

nick's gonna break everything

I've been riding around at this height by the way

I'd go lower in the back but the flaps hit so easily then and it's annoying.. it rides pretty nicely though I can barely feel potholes or anything until the flaps hit

Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

lol no way man, maintenance comes first. I'm sick of driving around in limp mode!

I'm still on the fence about teh suspensionz though. Seems silly to go to all the trouble of ripping the suspension apart just to shove some race springs in there, but I dunno if air/coils are the way to go yet either...

Quick Reply: Lowered standards for the new year