B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

low boost

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: low boost

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

ORIGINAL: 1.8TK3MP

getting any check lights?

and you should never boost a car as soon as you start it. drive it with out pushing boost for a bit until it warms up. FYI

but tell me one thing..when it hits 6-7psi, is it stable? is the boost gauge needle steady or like bouncing at 6-7psi?
no check engine light

and i know this........it is a stable needle...........and the only reason i am answering this is cause you are the first to respond, someone else might get something from this

and the fact that it seems like you are trying to actually learn/help
well im trying to help you, b/c this happened to me, i was using a stock n75 and it would change boost randomly,(didnt pay attention to if it was after it was warm or not), and i put on an MBC(i now have an EBC) the mbc fixed it...but my main problem was the 02 code was sending limp mode signals, which basically means you need to get a boost controller. some think i dont know turbo cars, but i do...i just dont know much about going BT

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 1.8TK3MP
some think i dont know turbo cars, but i do...
No, you've successfully learned how to use the Search button to locate bits and pieces of information, then paraphrase it.

Nonetheles, good job.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Guru

if it is just my n75 gonig bad, i have no problem using a mbc........ but if it is something else cause my car to go limp throwing on a mbc will just over ride limp and could cause engine failure in the long run right?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Guru

i got told i could be in soft limp and need to reset my ecu....... could this be right?

how do i do that?

and i am stumped as to why it works fine till the car is nice and warm...... them it hits

someone please

Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Guru

ok, so i unhooked my battery.... both cables for like 30 minutes....and it is still there

so i am thinking, when i do my big project on the 1st i will look at my waste gate, but i will be ordering a new n75 valve....... see if that works

Old 02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm make believe

find someone with a mbc and barrow it to see if that cures it. Just dont go buying parts without a clear reason for things happening. Also, just because you dont have a cel, doesnt mean you dont have codes.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear

I have a simular problem as you. I tried a new N75 and mbc and didnt help it and no codes threw the vagcom. no boost leaks either, post upor pm mewhen you find out whats goin on with yours.
https://www.audiforums.com/m_793747/.../tm.htm#793747

Old 02-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Guru

will do teeter....... i might just break down and get the mbc...... been wanting to do one anyways

Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Guru

ok, here is my question and i think my answer too........ but on my way home from dinner tonight, i was comming down a nice quiet street and i hear a gushing of air..... like a boost leak...... could this be the culprit...... not being an issue when the car is colder, cause i am not getting into the boost, but once it warms up and i do start getting into the boost, it is making my boost guage seem "irratic"?

i know a vac leak will kill boost, but when the car is cold you hit boost some times and when it is starting to get warm you might hit full boost, but when it is nice and warm you tend to get all over the boost..... so that is when/why i notice it more then?

thanks in advance for the help

Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

A vac leak would throw a code i have found with mine,also boost tested and noleaks.try to pin point the sound of gushing air, as it sounds like the exact problem I have, my gushing air noise sounds like the DV is doin nothin but letting the air by. i also have that R1 on my second one as the first one did this to me. stay away from the R1s. hopefully the forge 004 i have inthe mail cures my boost problems.

Quick Reply: low boost