B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Looking for insight and or possible help with this situation I am in with my Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Looking for insight and or possible help with this situation I am in with my Audi

2001 A4 Audi 1.8T Quattro 112k miles with all maintenance done every time (had records from previous owners, and just bought this vehicle back in april)

Problem started out with a Small Evap leak, Don't have exact error code, I was recommended too a shop so I went too their to get it looked at , they did a smoke test and found the leak and were in process of fixing the issue when they called me about a month later down too the repair shop so they could show me something, they wouldn't state what was up, so when I got down there they informed me there was a problem with my engine , a clicking/weird noise coming from back side of motor, They stated it was the cam shaft , and I said well how this happen, they stated they were not sure blah blah, went off to say they would cover half of it as it occurred at there shop, Come 2 weeks later, (kept calling every day for status), as I did previously in the hole time vehicles been there, they said come down and take a look at the vehicle,

I get down to shop, vehicle is pretty much not running at all now, engine is making all kinds of crazy noise, I am like crap What the hell happened at this point. they said too take vehicle some where els, its the cam shaft tentioner x 2, front and back. And that they been talking too another repair shop who has been helping them diagnose/figure out the problems. so i carefully drive the block too other repair shop as I was stupid and should of just towed it but I didn't realize how bad it truly was, Get too other shop, mechanics come running out to see me, asking me how long it been making that noise and I explain another shop told me to come here and ask for ****, they get the person i am supposed to speak to, who had no idea I was being sent over, said leave vehicle, they will inspect and figure out whats up with vehicle. 2 weeks more now, (course calling every day if they had gotten too it yet) they mention that it is the cam shaft probably and its not getting oil to the engine. Then another week passes and they call me up saying vehicle is ready for pick up, 1k$ repair, they replaced cam shaft tentioner and changed the oil, oil filter and cleaned out the oil line as it was clogged and that prevented oil from getting too the engine. I go gathering up cash far and wide that I can, pay for vehicle, go to drive it home being happy to have vehicle back, and I notice there is like NO power in vehicle at all, I call them back and they told me come back and let them test drive it and see, go back to stop and let them drive it, they say that it feels like the waist gate of turbo is staying open. well after 2 more weeks, they find out the turbo is blown (2days ago), today they get it out and we find the problem is oil starvation, sized turbo, burned out waist gate.

I understand the waist gate was probably near end of its life.. turbo though was boosting perfect and vehicle ran strong! I didn't have any oil issues or problems so My question now explaining what occurred so people understand better is how can a vehicle go from working perfectly, flawless strong, too running like it did (Crap) ... if that's even considered running..

how can a vehicle go from not having any oil problems too major in the month it was at the repair shop.

Can messing with the evap lines cause any type of problem like this? , is the purge valve part of the evap lines?.

any way I can prove the shop is responsible for this?... Vehicle HAD no oil problems at all. stated even by the shop who recommended i take it too the shop

Shop said they would cover repair cost of turbo if i prove they are responsible. so i am trying to some how get proof against them for that and I am going too be sueing the shop for this ... 1month too change 2 evap lines?, things arnt adding up here at all... shop is still in other shop , the last one it was taking too who specialize with German automotive vehicles