B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

look what i did with 2,100 dollars

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: look what i did with 2,100 dollars

my upper control arms are the ones that need replacing the boots are trashed, but im just going to do all of they while im in there, and the knuckle head i bought the car from installed h&r black springs and left the stock shocks on it, so it is starting to get bouncy. I hope i'll be done withspending money on thiscar for atleast acouple of months.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:05 AM

that's not possible, there is no way to stop spending money on the car without it falling apart on you!

even if you DIY everything you will still be constantly coming out of pocket to fix something...lol

sad but true...I let all of my maintenance get away from me for 30k all I did was a regular oil change and now I am 4k in the hole...

iy would have been way better to spend a couple hundred a month then to spend 4k all in one month...

the only nice part is that my car feels brand fu,king new!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:33 AM
2nd Gear

yea i know but it doesn't hurt to hope

Old 03-07-2008, 12:50 AM
2nd Gear

alright here is my report on all the companies that i have ordered this stuff from

1) mjm autohausthe bestcommuation ever, and easy to deal with
2) pure motorsports great service and fast shipping
2) parts 4 vw fast shipping and you get a pack of m&m with order
4) atp turbo poor commuation i have been toward 3 times my items will ship today but it doesn't and i have had to call them each time, they have never answered my emails, im not saying they are always like this but this time they are.

i have gotten everything but my atp fuel rail, which is the part i really need to get my car on the road again since my factory fuel rail is bent and doesn't let the fpr seat right.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 AM

glad to hear everything is comin together okay for ya

hopefully atp has gotten you order together, leave a bunch of messages tonight, so that the first thing they get in the morning is another reminder

take some pictures!...hopefully the installations go smoothly

Old 03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

i am getting tired of the "it will ship out today" comment since it rarely happens and im going to call them every day till it does ship.

I can't really do much till i get that fuel rail since i have removed the intake manifold and throttle body to paint them and install my new south power gasket that i have had laying around for 2 years. since i can't move the car and i parked it in the garge in such a way i have no room on the passanger side for me to get a jack under it to start the control arms, struts and sway bar installs.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 AM

sux dude, hopefully the rail is in the mail *fingers crossed*

sounds like you can at least do the control arms on the one side

while it's sitting you can replace your cabin filter!...mine has 20k on it and it already looks sorta filthy, just looked at it for the first time in a while today....I gota get me anotherone soon...

Old 03-07-2008, 03:03 AM
2nd Gear

i already did the cabin air filter. black audi owners must think a like. i hope it is in the mail too. since i have hada week of waiting, i have painted my throttle body, intake manifold black and my zimmerman a8 rotors red, tt carriers black, and i think im going to paint my abd intake black too.I had nothing better to do since my car wasn't going any where, and since i have to drive the wifes camry it will feel like my audi gained 100hp once i get to drive it again.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 AM
2nd Gear

well i finally got the fuel rail from atp and well it looks nice but the craftsmanship is pretty crappy when i started to put it all together, the botls would not tread in right (all of them) so i took a look at the treads and there was all kinds of burrs and the threards on the fpr regulator were crossed threaded, and i waited 2 weeks for this part [:@]

since i don't have time to send it back and wait another 2 weeks for another one i took it over to my dad's, since he is a machnist and we retapped the threadeds, and like magic it all fits together now

Old 03-14-2008, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

hey Kraylon how did you get the ABD intake to work? and is that the manifold or just the intake?

Quick Reply: look what i did with 2,100 dollars