B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lol Im back around again guys!.. got a list of problems for ya lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
1st Gear
Default lol Im back around again guys!.. got a list of problems for ya lol

ok guys. some of you may remember me from about a year back with my maroon A4 well shes running a bit better but i have some new issues these days...

First issue i think i solved-- she was running like crap miss firing all kinds of stuff.. ended up replaced 2 coil packs and all the plugs.. removed the Diode mod and MBC put the N75 back in.. BAM back to normal.. so i put the MBC back in and the diode bumped it to 10psi (didnt gap the new plugs so i wont let it go any higher then 10 cuz itll start miss firing again). so shes running better now pretty sure my MAF is all jacked up again (this will be my 3rd one in 2yrs) but its to be exspected cuz im running it with no air box and a cone strapped onto the MAF its self so w.e MAF is dead again.. CEL stays on.. but other then that she runs fine aslong as i dont sit somewhere idle to long if i sit idle for lets say 5-10min and go to take off she runs like **** no power sputters just runs like garbage for about 2-5min then back to normal (pretty sure its cuz its sucking in the hot air from the mani and its messing **** up) i plan on getting the heat sheild soon...

ok on to the new problems now that everyone is pretty much up to speed.....

FIRST!!- Syncro in 3rd is GONE! you get to hear that nice (Burrrk) as it goes into third with the clutch to the floor... so i need a new 1.8t quattro manual trans! ASAP please :-P.. or if anyone knows a place that will put a syncro in cheap as **** in the Maryland Area thatll work to..

Second!!- my damn turn signals.... this one blows my damn mind.. my turn signals will work just fine for days.. then one day they will work for like 30-40 seconds then they will start skiping a blink and then not work at all.. (with the turn switch still on) or they wont work at all.. but heres the catch.. my 4ways (hazards as some call it) work just fine.. dont miss a blink nothing.. works 100% of the time.. turn signals maybe 30% of the time they work with zero problems.. any ideas??

Also I'd like to give a shout out to ( CCA4 and Nick broderick) [i think i spelt his name right lol] for all of their help in the past with my problem child A4..

Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

When my hazard relay died I lost signals first, then hazards a week later. Could be that but it could also be the switch on the column. You can try to spray contact cleaner carefully into the switch if you want. Or, pull a hazard button from a salvage yard and swap it. If it's not a fix, look at replacing the signal switch.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

i thought about doing all of that.. i honestly think its a relay thats going out..... and i dont think its the hazard switch or relay cuz that always works 100% i can literally hit my turn signal wait for it to stop blinking (with the switch still on) and then press the hazard button in the middle of the dash and both arrows in the cluster flash along with the hazard switch light.. then turn the hazards off. (with the turnsignal switch still on) and the turn signal is still not working...... ive also thought maybe it was the switch in the colum but i can wiggle and everything and nothing change.. the only time it changes is if i put the switch back to the middle position (off) and then either back up or down and itll come back on for a min and then stop working again.. this issue has really got me stumped.. i also thought it was a bad connection to one of the signal lights in the passenger side headlight and when i checked it my light had fallen out of the housing so i cliped it back in and wiggled the wires a lil bit and it seemed to fix it for a lil while.. and now its doing it again but the light is locked in the housing.. and wiggling the wire isnt doing anything anymore.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
2nd Gear

Lol..