B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lets work out the quirks, before we style it! :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
The sound you're hearing in the dash is likely your heater core. The slushing sound you hear is the core filling with coolant. Could be leaking or just an air bubble. There's a bleeder port on one of the inlet/outlet pipes at the top of the heater core that you can use to bleed off the air.
hmmmmmm...would this have any affect on me having sludge in the breather that in my intake tube?...Ive cleaned it out twice now and it still shows up lol...

Not over heating...and not losing antifreeze

Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 AM
1st Gear

TUESDAY!! Wheel bearings are getting replaced...for 664 dollars! Im excited...ill be able to take long distance trips again! and focus on my photography again!!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM

holy fiddle sticks 664 dollars. Id run away....now

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

to all of you who got sprayed in the face with gas... you know your supposed to depressurize the fuel system, believe me I know too, i did a fuel pump on a friends car and only depressurized the line to the engine and not the return line. when i took the return line off the pump, i was sprayed in the face. talk about burning eyes and a huge cleanup in the car. you can do this by pulling the fuel pump fuse/relay, remove the filler cap. turn motor over for a few seconds.. or if theres a nipple on the fuel rail that accepts a fuel gauge line you can put that on and have it pour into a bucket.

and to the one who ask about plug gap. i gapped them to .032, because bought from the store they were .04 and i think i made him buy the nkg's?

Last edited by tofast2belast; 01-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

664 is all four including parts and done in a day That sounds good to me considering what the dealer would cost lol

Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM

parts are about 60-80 and labor done yourself can be done in 1 day plus the 50-100 it would cost for you to take them to a shop and have them pressed out and press the new ones in then return home and finish. You realize you can buy both bearings and a 20 ton press for about $400.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
parts are about 60-80 and labor done yourself can be done in 1 day plus the 50-100 it would cost for you to take them to a shop and have them pressed out and press the new ones in then return home and finish. You realize you can buy both bearings and a 20 ton press for about $400.
you still need to get an alignment afterwards... he bought the bearings. and a shop would charge 50-100 each side to press old one out and put new one in if he just took the spindle there.

theres no point in buying a press for one job.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 AM

forgot about the alignment, but youd use a press for more than one job easily. Its a pretty good tool to have around. Even if you added the alignment from a cheaper shop, still way under 600. I think he can find better is all. Theres a shop up here does wheel bearings 100 a side, any make model, whatever. 664 is just a rip off, wouldn't you like to know if your money is being spent in the wrong way.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tofast2belast
theres no point in buying a press for one job.
I gotta disagree here. I think a press is one of those tools that people don't think they need until they have one. Just like triple square bits, security fastener bits, a nice jack, impact gun, etc... Buying it the first time seems like a waste of money, but every good tool will pay for itself if you work on cars enough.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

Yea maybe it was high...but I have no real place to work on a car..plus its cold out...plus I work three jobs. And finding some place to put that press till the next time would be a pain in the ***....Im already trying to get rid of my storage i pay out the *** for now lol..Maybe if I had a better place and personal storage I would buy it. So both parties I believe are correct here....its just one of those damn I gotta pay more now cause I live here lol...supply and demand HAHA....

I am however doing the filter myself with Sean...Ill save on that lol..

Got the car back this morning....runs great....I even have a new radio!!! WAHHOO

BUT!! I get an CD Err 1 code on the screen until the radio warms up o.O WTF.....

Can I play music through BlueTooth(ipod touch) with a stock radio?

Quick Reply: lets work out the quirks, before we style it! :)