B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lets try this again. "Service Insp." light

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

This is how I did it on my 1998 A4 1.8T:
1. Turn off the ignition
2. Press and hold the button on the left hand side of the display while turning the ignition on.
3. Service oil will be displayed.
4. Push the button on the left side of the display - SERVICE INSP will be displayed.
5. Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared.
6. The display should now read ---

Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Staticclism
This is how I did it on my 1998 A4 1.8T:
1. Turn off the ignition
2. Press and hold the button on the left hand side of the display while turning the ignition on.
3. Service oil will be displayed.
4. Push the button on the left side of the display - SERVICE INSP will be displayed.
5. Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared.
6. The display should now read ---
THANK YOU!

although the button was backwards for step 2. i had to push the one on the right instead the left.

its the little things that get fixed that make me feel better. just the constant flashing every time i start the car was beginning to bother me. and it was almost just as annoying having to temporarily turn it off every time

Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Ah yeah, I remembered I switched a step backwards somewhere in there. But I'm glad you got it figured out - my car started doing that the week after I bought it. It was definitely annoying to have that flashing at you for the first couple minutes every time you go somewhere.