B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Les Schwab Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Mr. Jits:

I'm surprised you rolled over that easy man, I'd have gone back and given someone a ration of **** for doin somethin like that. Thats why i hate having anyone else do work on my car except me. Unfortunately at the moment, i don't really have a choice as i have no place to do the work

Had to take my A4 to a Jiffy Lube the other day because I'm not allowed to change my oil in the parking lot of my apartment complex anymore. The guy at the front desk went into autopilot on me, trying to sell me everything under the sun.
"Well sir we noticed your cabin air filter is dirty, *flops filter on counter* would you like us to change that for you?"
Thats not dirt thats activated carbon, I changed it 2 months ago, put it back. Just an oil change please.
"We also noticed that based on the mileage of your car you should have your coolant flushed, would you like us to do that for you?"
No, I changed my timing belt 10k miles ago, changed the coolant while i was at it, the coolant is fine. Just an oil change please.
"Based on the mileage of your car, we think you should change your air filter." *flops (K&N) filter on counter*
Thats a K&N filter, you don't change those....

JUST CHANGE THE OIL!!!!

Moral of the story is if you want something done right, do it yourself.

EDIT: And for the record, I will hence-forth be changing my oil in the parking garage underneath my office, because I'll not go back to those jagoff's again.
Jiffy Lube killed my moms truck, oil plug was not tight, oil leaked, and in true woman fashion drove without noticing the dummy light for the oil. I will NEVER give Jiffy Lube or any other "quick" oil change establishment any business, I refuse to let teenagers and the like do anything to my car. By the looks of their "modded" cars they think they can do anything...../ end rant.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

isnt upset the same as crying both act's are babish...

Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
4th Gear

^^^jew

Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

^WOW

Old 10-21-2009, 10:59 PM
3rd Gear

haha im the jew weird

Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

Woah, thats a bit out there huh? I mean, I hear the 14 year old freshmen call each other jews at school, but I'm kinda proud of myself for not participating in it as an 18 year old. Maybe I'm ahead of the curve? ^^^

Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 PM
4th Gear

jew is something me and my friends say to each other not as an insult... but more along the lines of comedic **** u kinda thing... idk.. different crowd i guess

Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear

Suggestion: I know everyone on the boards are pretty easy to get along with but you shouldn't just throw out terms you and your friends are accustomed to......

That being said......

Old 10-23-2009, 01:00 AM
2nd Gear

I understand how you ment it. Examples "Oh, what a jew move.!" or "He jewed me out of that freethrow!" or "That jew totally cut me off!"

But the undertones stem from the total bias on jews over the past thousand years. Maybe your meaning is completely isolated from whats going around my school, but regardless I really think some discretion should be used in this situation. The entire world can view these posts and any number of people could be (or were) offened by such a post. I'm not Jewish, but this one of those things that really set me off. The ignorant usage of terms with prejudicial undertones as popular slang.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 AM

Wow.... um.... ok. anyways mr jits, I freakin hate les schwab. Everytime I go in there they always try and upsale me on something. Its irritating I already know what I want. They dont need to tell me what I want. But I have turned the table on them my friend. I just take in the same warranty everytime I need something done. Havent came out of pocket with them for a while. They dont even check out my warranty if they did they would realize they have been had.

Quick Reply: Les Schwab Oregon