B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Keegan's timeline :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by erasmmuss
Who the hell belived changing the oil at 10k on a turbo is a good thing .
this.... even noobs know better than to do 10k intervals

Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

HAHAHA I last changed the oil in my 06 KIA at 83k. I now have 116k on it. RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! Also the color is a dark golden almost brown color. Not quite black yet. I guess when you drive 120 to 150 miles a day 365 days a year you tend to stop giving a crap about it. I am still rocking the original coolant, fuel filter, and clutch. I have iridium plugs a K&N short ram. I always use 5w30 Valvoline conv. with a K&N oil filter even if I hardly ever change it.

It is DAMN sexy for a KIA!

Last edited by jlaudio_quattro; 02-16-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator

I just my oil every 3k, no exceptions. Just changed it last weekend at 2400 when i did my valve cover. Oil is cheap and not changing it is a lame way to ruin a car. Keegan, that tiny little filter is going to fill up like once a month lol.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
I just my oil every 3k, no exceptions. Just changed it last weekend at 2400 when i did my valve cover. Oil is cheap and not changing it is a lame way to ruin a car. Keegan, that tiny little filter is going to fill up like once a month lol.
i change my oil 3-5k but i prefer to do it at 3 like you said

Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Actual WIZARD

Originally Posted by jlaudio_quattro
HAHAHA I last changed the oil in my 06 KIA at 83k. I now have 116k on it. RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! Also the color is a dark golden almost brown color. Not quite black yet. I guess when you drive 120 to 150 miles a day 365 days a year you tend to stop giving a crap about it. I am still rocking the original coolant, fuel filter, and clutch. I have iridium plugs a K&N short ram. I always use 5w30 Valvoline conv. with a K&N oil filter even if I hardly ever change it.

It is DAMN sexy for a KIA!
So... you go about 30,000+ miles on an oil change?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

what do you expect its a Kia its not gonna live much longer, those are disposable cars

Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
what do you expect its a Kia its not gonna live much longer, those are disposable cars
Well I have gotten a crap load of hard use out of this car using it for work. During the summer I change the oil every 2000 miles but winter sucks and my garage is being used by the Audi. I don't care what anyone says NO CAR is disposable! If it can be fixed it can stay on the road. Kia is a lot better than you think. They have come a long way since the $8000 craptastic Rio. I am not too attached to this car but name one other car that could handle the abuse of 30k mile oil changes and still drive like a brand new car.

I got 116k miles out of my car with only changing the spark plugs and the oil when I feel like it THAT IS FANTASTIC!

Last edited by jlaudio_quattro; 02-16-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Actual WIZARD

Originally Posted by jlaudio_quattro
Well I have gotten a crap load of hard use out of this car using it for work. During the summer I change the oil every 2000 miles but winter sucks and my garage is being used by the Audi. I don't care what anyone says NO CAR is disposable! If it can be fixed it can stay on the road. Kia is a lot better than you think. They have come a long way since the $8000 craptastic Rio. I am not too attached to this car but name one other car that could handle the abuse of 30k mile oil changes and still drive like a brand new car.

I got 116k miles out of my car with only changing the spark plugs and the oil when I feel like it THAT IS FANTASTIC!
Your bragging about how you put a LOT of extra wear and tear on your engine?
Ok...
Thats like me saying, hey my low coolant lights been on for like 6 weeks and my cars still running! Damn its a kia, just put in some cheapy conventoinal oil...

Anyway, Ive been chasing down that lean code, and in the process of tracking ot down, one thing led to another, and I ended up removing about 80% of my vac system. No more CEL, but the code was still in there, and I was missing some readiness crap. So basically, you can delete and cap the vacuum resivor, eliminate the suction pump, and I think thats it. Ill try and snap some pics tomorrow (if I remember) Of that and my catch can, and debadge

Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Actual WIZARD

Yet again, I start with one thing, and end up doing all sorts of ish.

Plan: Ill go snap pics of my amp and sub setup, measure the trunk for my air parts, and get a few of my vac lines.

What actually happened:

I pulled the rear deck, and mounted my amp up there. Came out super nice and gives me even moar space for air parts

Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Actual WIZARD

Pics of my vac setup. Essentially the same, except I ran the evap to another port, removed the suction pump, vac booster/Leak detection pump/pcv lines/pcv system

(that hose is capped so dont worry)

I can make a diagram or take more pics if anyone needs me to

Pics of my old amp/sub 1.0 setup

Quick Reply: Keegan's timeline :D