B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Keegan's timeline :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
2nd Gear

you dont need snow to feel the might of the quattro! i live in nor cal and we dont get any snow either, but driving with quattro is a completely different ball game.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
Why is it bad? Have you ever driven a FWD B5?
If you live in an area like SoCal there's no real need for AWD. We don't get snow. And usually when I go up to the mountains to ski/snowboard the roads are plowed, haven't ever needed chains on the B5 or the Camry I drove before.
In other regions FWD might be less desirable, but a blanket statement is useless.
you have your points.. but i mean i live in Texas why do i need awd??
cause its a blast and badass!! i mean i dont NEEED it but i needed it lol.
i mean like when you tell people " i have an audi" they say "cool"
when you say "yea i have a quattro audi 1.8T" then they say " oh damn for real? that **** is legit!'

i've have got more respect from douchbags in vettes and for "mustakes"
and chevy slomaros just cause its a qauttro. plus my beautiful slilver stylish but slow like 180HP quattro can still launch on gt mustangs.. so its a mind **** for them. (its highly enjoyable to watch their faces of confusion)

everyone has their opinions but.. would you rather have a subaru impreza or a wrx AWD? but what me and andrew are trying to say is they are just more fun and overall worth the money.. not so much a necessity, just more liked.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
3rd Gear

Why is it bad? Have you ever driven a FWD B5?
If you live in an area like SoCal there's no real need for AWD. We don't get snow. And usually when I go up to the mountains to ski/snowboard the roads are plowed, haven't ever needed chains on the B5 or the Camry I drove before.
In other regions FWD might be less desirable, but a blanket statement is useless.
i have driven 3 fwd and getting off on the overpasses on freeways you haft to go really slow compared to a awd you can fly through that ****!

And btw i do drive a fwd car

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Meh maybe Quattro is more fun to drive but I don't mind better gas mileage and a faster overall car (for this power level of course ). Besides, to take corners or freeway offramps or whatever fast my sway bars and shocks/springs would be able to handle more than I can. As is there's no way I stay planted in my seat LOL.

Quattro is obviously more desirable but Audi made FWD so some of us will have to live with it.

Originally Posted by Andrew149
i have driven 3 fwd and getting off on the overpasses on freeways you haft to go really slow compared to a awd you can fly through that ****!

And btw i do drive a fwd car
An Audi guy who works for the same company I do used to have an awesome B5 1.8TQM sedan. It was often the testbed for Neuspeed products (exhaust, sway bars, tune, etc) or some thing Neuspeed sponsored him for. He let nobody drive it, until one day he let his GF drive the car. She took a freeway offramp too fast and despite the upgraded suspension, still totaled his car. Needless to say he dumped her after that, and then he got a B6 Avant.

I guess my point is even Quattro can't save dumb/bad drivers from making huge mistakes haha

Last edited by MetalMan; 02-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear

I couldn't survive without my Quattro living here in Connecticut,this winter is a testament for the need for Quattro!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

Meh maybe Quattro is more fun to drive but I don't mind better gas mileage and a faster overall car (for this power level of course ). Besides, to take corners or freeway offramps or whatever fast my sway bars and shocks/springs would be able to handle more than I can. As is there's no way I stay planted in my seat LOL.

Quattro is obviously more desirable but Audi made FWD so some of us will have to live with it.

An Audi guy who works for the same company I do used to have an awesome B5 1.8TQM sedan. It was often the testbed for Neuspeed products (exhaust, sway bars, tune, etc) or some thing Neuspeed sponsored him for. He let nobody drive it, until one day he let his GF drive the car. She took a freeway offramp too fast and despite the upgraded suspension, still totaled his car. Needless to say he dumped her after that, and then he got a B6 Avant.

I guess my point is even Quattro can't save dumb/bad drivers from making huge mistakes haha
im not saying quattro is bad but if you drive quattro you will deffently will not want a fwd

Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew149
im not saying quattro is bad but if you drive quattro you will deffently will not want a fwd
Then what happened to you!??!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
3rd Gear

pwned

Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

A QUATTRO or awd car doesnt make it invincible.. no car is invincible... you could make a car out of nurf and im sure some retard somewhere could find a way to total it.

there is just a big difference my first car was a pos honda civic motor swap blah blah blah all gay who cares. then i had a v8 chexy truck RWD and i have driven my share of vettes mustangs bentley's, merecedes benz ( i valet for extra $$ for the b5 =]) but the only time i get impressed by a car is when i get behind an sti or rs-4 or even a freakin eagle talon.. w12 vw pheaton they all feel better then anything else.

the only thing i can think to argue is rwd aston martins handle like awd cars but thats like a $300,000 car though.... and a porsche gt2 rs

Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Actual WIZARD

I dont mind my FWD 95% of the time, but when we get odd weather like this and I cant even make it up my street to get delicious snacks, I WANT QUATTRO.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/2191190107.html

Buying these, and painting them a questionable color, plus my low will be achievable

Quick Reply: Keegan's timeline :D