B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Keegan's timeline :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Actual WIZARD
Default Keegan's timeline :D

Well it's about time I did this

First car was a 93 camry I bought for 500 with a locked motor, that I bought when I was 17

Dropped in a longblock I picked up for 50 bucks from a junkyard on my own
New headgaskets, timing belt, etc.
Beat the **** out of my little sedan for about 10,000 miles
Oil light had always flickered, and eventually I spun a bearing. unplugged that injetor, removed the sparkplug, and banged around on a 5 cylinder for about 2 weeks.
Sold it for 600 just like that

Parents surprised me with my B5 about a month before my birthday.

2001.5 1.8T
FWD, TIP
128,xxx
1 old lady owner with a book full of service records

Oh well it was a AUDI, which made me awesome.
As I was driving it home, I figured out that the car had no heat. Oh well, I'm sure theres a fix for that right?
12 hours later...
Take a friend for a spin, and attempt a 2nd gear pull. At about 5k rpms, I hear 3 beeps. Scan the dash, and see an oil icon. Kill it and coast into the gas station. Check the oil... Full? Look through the manual, and see that the 3 beeps means OH LOOK NO OIL PRESSURE. Awesome. 16 hours of ownership and the cars crap.
Parents have it towed to the dealer$hip, where they take a look and see the oil sludge. Sadly the lady did listen to Audi, and followed the recommendation of 10,000 mile oil changes, for the first 50k then did 5-7k after that.
Grand total of repairs for that and the heater core - $2103.53
I was not reimbursed because she let one oil change go 13,000 miles.
So I get the car back a few weeks later, and hear this squeaking. (control arm I still haven't fixed, because I just repack it with grease) Oh well its really small. During this time I just let it exist, found the forums, and fed it 93.
Winter rolls around. I accidently hit a snow pile on the side of the road, and slide across 2 lanes nailing a curb at about 40. Bent 2 rims, and misaligned it pretty bad.
When I drove straight the wheel looked like this.

Got it aligned, and installed an icelink into my broken dash cup holder

After this I picked up a cheap amp and sub set off cregzlist and started thumpin

Fast forward to recently:
Tunerdomes sent me a premium set of LEDs in blue, and it turned out pretty smexy. Yes I will ***** out myself and say you should order LEDs cause they be damn sexy

Last edited by Msnickbroderick; 01-17-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Actual WIZARD

Oh and a boost gauge was installed at one point too

Then it happened.
I was backed into.
Meh, just a bumper cover damaged, and me being responsible, paid off my tuition and books for the semester.
Alex used his gay powers and I rocked the car with mudflap/cutting boards for a week or 4

Then AGAIN
Best friend in his lifted jeep doesnt even see me, and mows over my car

Whored myself out for nick

Played with my hood

Installed a bov, then did a dyno pull

Yes I do daily with my open downpipe

So the car sits as is now... Currently looking for wheels, waiting on my RICElands to come in, looking for a hood and bumper covers.

Nicky B knows I have crazy ideas so lets see which I can pull off

Last edited by Msnickbroderick; 01-17-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

Interested to see the outcome of this with all your ridiculous ideas.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

wtf? 710HP???

Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by vgo
wtf? 710HP???
lol it was prolly that iPhone dyno app. Uses the accelerometer on the iPhone to "calculate" hp and tq. if the phone moves at all in the car or you hit a bump you end up with 710hp in a 150hp car

Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Actual WIZARD

Originally Posted by CCA4
lol it was prolly that iPhone dyno app. Uses the accelerometer on the iPhone to "calculate" hp and tq. if the phone moves at all in the car or you hit a bump you end up with 710hp in a 150hp car
No, the phone didnt fall over or anything, I really make that kind of powah with my ko3s

Anyway, I had wheels, and bumper covers to look at off of craigslist, but when I went to look at all the parts, the guy had obviously lied. The bumpers were scratched to hell, and it looked like one wheel was warped. After pointing this out, he wouldnt even let me buy his painted valences, so I simply walked away from that.

Today, I might have a hood that will fit a b5, and its lazer red

Since that will look funny, and I dont have time to make it into a harlequin B5, it will end up with a little of this stuff
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=168

Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
3rd Gear

Black chalkboard hood ftw

Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Keegan?... you must have forgot that i have an rs-4 bumper... that im willing to sell its primed ready for paint!

and get a carbon fiber hood they look good on these here silver cars.

and i know a guy that i work with selling VW pheaton rims they are 18's and only 2 of the tires are good!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Actual WIZARD

For the time being, I just moved my license plate over to cover the scar, but im sticker shopping, so either it will be covered with a bandaid sticker, or ill be stickerbombing the bumper,

Ethan, maybe, but It would look silly with my non painted lowers and at 27 gtf.

Just bottomed out the car pulling out of the overflow parking lot :/ because its a patch of grass with that half assed steep concrete slope. went up at an angle, but came down straight... Frame met concrete, hard.

Knocked out my broken grill today, and I kinda dig the empty look. I can see why my condenser is bent though, That stupid hood latch is damn sturdy. Heat is still being stupid, and to top it all off im starting to smell oil at lights.

boo.

WTF MYLOWER GRILLE IS GONE :<

I swore I put it back in.. so either it was stolen at school, or it fell out.
Looks like ***, but now my SMIC has way more airflow, cause 7 ish psi is so intense. This reminds me I need to bug andrew for his old DV, because the nipple on mine snapped off and fell on the road, so it just opens when it feels like it (between 4-8psi)

CEL came on today, but I dont care, so the batterys disconneted right now to clear it up

Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Actual WIZARD

Oh, and the guy with the hood was being all shady, saying he just opened his business, and cash only, no refunds etc...
So ill be paying 300, for an imola yellow hood, which I think was on the s4? So in theory the grille with it will be an s4 grille

On that chalkboard paint... If the hood turns out good, I might do the whole car in either coffee or deep teel, because those are the only 2 colors I would EVER think of pulling chrome wheels off with.

And bitches HAVE to love chalkboard paint

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...on-any-vehicle
This paint was used on a bmw, so it had been accomplished with amazing results
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1509501

Last edited by Msnickbroderick; 01-18-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Keegan's timeline :D