B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

just painted lowers(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

Hey does your set have fogs or no? I mean space to put fogs or is it all covered???

Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
Hey does your set have fogs or no? I mean space to put fogs or is it all covered???
They are for pre-facelift cars...no fog lights.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by cbg
how much did it cost you to get it done professionally? I just moved into an apartment so my DIY options have been severely limited (plus im going to be getting a new bumper + fender painted and put on so I might as well throw lowers in there if it isnt too much)
I just dropped mine off today to have the lower's painted. I even got a wild hair up my @$$ and told 'em to shoot the roof black. $1,300 when it's all said and done.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
Oops, I meant to tell you that I have a set laying around.
Do you really? Because my passenger side one fell out and I haven't bothered buying a new one yet because I'm planning on getting facelift fogs and grills... some day. PM me!

To the OP, lowers look good! I want to do mine; maybe once the air dries up a bit in a couple months I'll tackle it.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:14 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by A4 Effort
I just dropped mine off today to have the lower's painted. I even got a wild hair up my @$$ and told 'em to shoot the roof black. $1,300 when it's all said and done.
That is going to look freaking awesome, dood.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
Do you really? Because my passenger side one fell out and I haven't bothered buying a new one yet because I'm planning on getting facelift fogs and grills... some day. PM me!
Onepoint8tee's got dibs, but if he works something else out, I'll PM you. I'm not trying to sell them, just get rid of them for the cost of shipping.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
That is going to look freaking awesome, dood.
I think so too - i'm pretty stoked and can't wait to get it back. I'll post pics when she gets out

Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

geez. haven't been on in awhile with school and all.
I used ULTRA silver from duplicolor. That may be why the color is a smidge off.
I thought i did a good job for my first can job.
and to answer someone's ? i left my rear valence on because it was riveted on by the previous owner and i didnt have any replacement rivets. was really easy leaving it on though! the front i took off *for sanding purposes*
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
2nd Gear

Ha yeah so last night me and few friends went to the lake to have few beers at night and i was driving my audi. It was dark and i couldnt see the bump on the road BOOM BOOM BOOM my bottom lip fell off and now sitting in the back of my car. thank god it didnt rip the bumper off too. So i guess it gives me another reason to paint it now that its off the car haha. By the way how hard is it to put them back on? I havent looked at it yet because it was dark out and today im at work so havent had a chance.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

getting the front on is easy as pie. it pretty much just pops in with clips. just line it up and give it a little oomph and it'll snap in. atleast, thats what worked for me.

Quick Reply: just painted lowers(pics)