B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

just a couple of ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by blackfoot
or is it the norm for the friction point being at the very top of the travel?
haha we get that about every week around here. Your clutch is fine

Old 02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

lol awesome. i really enjoy driving this car!

now i think a balljoint and maybe a cv joint is on its way out.. lots of clunking over bumps, and a different knocking when the wheel is cranked to left (max left)

Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
5th Gear

^sounds like a right wheel bearing, if it occurs only or is much louder when turning left cause its putting load on the right bearing. cv would be a clicking noise in the rzeppa joint

Originally Posted by blackfoot
alright, because wheni read the sticky, it was saying it would run rich if i got rid of the DV. which made no sense... lol

and its been said that DV or (recirculation valves) can help spool up times faster than a BOV, because of pressureized getting back in front of the compressor.. but its on an EXTREMELY small scale...

lol brutal about the high friction point in the clutch.. i barely have to push it in to get it to release. i was assuming that it was getting pretty close to no life.. because most of the time as a clutch get higher in its stroke, its a clear indication of life remaining.. but my mustang wasnt the case.. it only seems to be the case with honda's
the MAF is programmed to figure in the air being recirculated, since with a BOV you vent that air, it programs it wrong and can't correct since with a DV it recircs the air after the MAF. so you run a bit rich when you shift. after a while, mine started backfiring on downshifts and spitting a flame between 2nd and 3rd. for a while tho it ran fine. But if you have a MAP, it sees a different pressure in the manifold and corrects for the air. might take a few days to "learn" tho.

as for the clutch, audi's naturally have a high clutch point. before mine went out i could shift by barely tapping the clutch pedal. you don't have to worry until it starts slipping. when it does it'll happen by trying to go WOT in 5th. try that getting on the highway. if there's no slipping you don't have anything to worry about

Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

yeah im not slipping, i already tried the 5th gear deal, the first time i went for a test drive, it was all good. i jsut figured it might be getting close

about the wheel bearing.. i doubt it, im not going fast enough to make a humm.. the clunking is only in parking lots or traveling extremely slow while turning