B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

just bought new turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Slut
Default just bought new turbo

just ordered my t3/t4 50 trim .48 a/r from pagparts.com... it cost me like 690 or something because i got it with the 360 degree thrust bearing... pretty stoked, but im still a long way down the road to completion... im ordereing the 034 tube manifold and the downpipe to match with the built in cat tomorrow or something along with a tial 38mm wastegate..

Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: just bought new turbo

are you gonna do rods? and are there any cast manifolds for this turbo? can you use that atp t25 one? im tinkn of the same route.
-sean

Old 03-05-2008, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: freestyleski

are you gonna do rods? and are there any cast manifolds for this turbo? can you use that atp t25 one? im tinkn of the same route.
-sean
you usually go t3/t4 because of the mild build of power....so he prolly won't be doing internals (they aren't really needed with the set-up he is gunnin for)

fasterthanyours....congrats man, with this setup your name will be alot more secure...lol

cant wait to see some pics/#'s/ videos!

you gunna go the install yourself?

you going 440cc or 630cc?...I think you said it in your other post, but I forgot...lol

Old 03-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

-sean
you usually go t3/t4 because of the mild build of power....so he prolly won't be doing internals (they aren't really needed with the set-up he is gunnin for) you got it...

fasterthanyours....congrats man, with this setup your name will be alot more secure...lol haha i know right

cant wait to see some pics/#'s/ videos! yea me too

you gunna go the install yourself? of course

you going 440cc or 630cc?...I think you said it in your other post, but I forgot...lol 630... just waiting on unitronics to finish it

Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm make believe

Nice. Just keep it under 23/34psi and you will be fine. Definatly go with the 630cc file, 440's max out about 350bhp. Gets some scat rods down the line and bump up the boost and you will make some serious power.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Slut

and are there any cast manifolds for this turbo? can you use that atp t25 one?
-sean
yes there are, and you must use a manifold that has the same flange as the turbo... i.e. t3/t4 means you need a manifold with a t3 flange... im excited about the headers though... they look so nice and hopefully will put the turbo in a nice spot.

Anyone have any recomendations for an intake?

Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 AM

awesome dude, sounds good, although I am the kind of person who would go t3/t4 so that I would never have to replace internals...lol...I'd just keep my boost down....

good stuff, hopefully everything comes along smoothly, it's awesome that you already have alot of the supporting mods

were you running your Ko4 on a ko3 tune, or just the standard Ko4 tune?....for some reason I thought you were pc-16, but I just noticed you don't have a fmic...

alright dude, well, once again, congrats on the turbo!...very good stuff to come!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

Anyone have any recomendations for an intake?
Build your own. The inlet and maf will both be 3", should be rather easy. If you can fit it, a bpi flow stack and AEM dryflow filter will flow more than enough for your turbo. You will just need to weld in a dv return if you plan on running a one

Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

just ordered my t3/t4 50 trim .48 a/r from pagparts.com... it cost me like 690 or something because i got it with the 360 degree thrust bearing... pretty stoked, but im still a long way down the road to completion... im ordereing the 034 tube manifold and the downpipe to match with the built in cat tomorrow or something along with a tial 38mm wastegate..
general question? I may sound like a noob but i wanna know. compared to a Ko4 how much power are you going to gain. I am thinking about getting my turbo rebuilt. I guy i know says he will rebuild and bore the ko3 and replace with ko4 internals and install for 1100, but here you have bought a turbo for 690? and the site says 900 something. its a pita to install a turbo on an a4 isnt it. i dont see how it can happen without pulling the motor

Old 03-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: bemor187
general question? I may sound like a noob but i wanna know. compared to a Ko4 how much power are you going to gain. I am thinking about getting my turbo rebuilt. I guy i know says he will rebuild and bore the ko3 and replace with ko4 internals and install for 1100, but here you have bought a turbo for 690? and the site says 900 something. its a pita to install a turbo on an a4 isnt it. i dont see how it can happen without pulling the motor
it really not to bad to install a turbo on an a4... its a pain with the stock manifolod and turbo location, plus the intake being in there. But with the tube mani and no intake, it really wont be too bad at all. A K04 015 is rated for like 250awhp at pretty much best. A t3/t4 with the proper supporting mods is capable of some very good numbers. Im hoping to get more than 350awhp with a mild tune. Once i have some more money, i'll crank it up a good bit higher.

As for rebuilding your k03, it sounds like a monster rip off. But i hope you dont think you can just buy a BT and thats all you need.
Intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, turbo, manifold, downpipe/cat, tuning, wastegate, full exhaust, dv, bigger MAF, and then some...

Quick Reply: just bought new turbo