B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I've looked everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
1st Gear
Default I've looked everywhere!

ok, First i appologuize for making too many posts, but i could find this anywhere!! How do you seafoam a 30v 2.8?? i mean which of the vaccum lines do you feed it through??i found one for the 12v but i know it's not the same i looked! i even googled it! so could anyone be so nice as topoint me to a good "how to" or a DIY, or i'll even post photos and you guys can show me??thanks..

Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: I've looked everywhere!

interesting because the reason the 12v one was made was because the author could only find ones for the 30v. Let me look around for a bit and I'll get back to you

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...threadid=62911

Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

thanks man

Old 05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

hey how do i get the photos to show, all i get is this little box with a little red in the middle! wtf?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

Do you know of any other thread or how to get the pictures to show??? because i can really do anything without the photos!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

go to noobie section it has all information how to link image's into threads and crapola like that

Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear

There are probably better pics than this one (in fact, I'm pretty sure I posted one in a thread just like this one).

Okay, in this pic, the nipple that you'll want to use is the one attached to the larger "L" shaped one above the word, "squeeze". There are two nipples coming off of the suction pump (which looks like this) and you can use either, but I couldn't get any suction out of the smaller of the two nipples (apparently a common experience for us 30v owners).

Old 05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Ok so i went for it, and nothing,i tried out ofthe one hose thats next to the one that looks like a seven and nothing it wasent sucking at all, i even tried pouring it in there and nothing! any other suggestions??

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM
3rd Gear

Okay, please don't take the way that I say following the wrong way. I want to be really clear not because I'm assuming that you're an idiot, but because I can help you more if I know how much you know.

The car has to be running while you're trying this. You took off the hose at the top of the suction pump and tried feeding the seafoam into that nipple (not into the hose the you detached)? I bought a length of clear vinyl tubing with a slightly smaller diameter than that nipple itself, stuck one end into the suction pump and let the other slowly suck up the seafoam from a bowl. If you don't get any suction from that one, I don't think you'll get any from the smaller one, but the procedure is the same, so it's worth a shot. If you get suction from neither, your pump is probably bad. I know they get clogged, but I'm not sure if you can just clean the one you have or if you have to replace it. If you still don't get suction, it'd be worth having your car scanned for codes (free at AutoZone) because that's not right and you may have a bigger issue.

The yellow indicates the two possible inlets...try them in that order:

Name:  tbclean2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  42.9 KB

Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

lol, Dont worry im not retarded! but yeah i hadseafoa in a little bottle that i cut in half,the carwas running so i tryed to make it suck in through were you pointed out the2nd inlet,i disconnected the hosefrom the bottm and fee it in the dirrectionyour arrow is pointing! and nothing it didn't get sucked in ieven tryed pouring in it and nothing it just dripped right out!

Quick Reply: I've looked everywhere!