B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

It's sad

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

Nice! What the hell is there to complain about? Just keep quiet and nod your head when you hear trash talk like that.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

well because i have avus wheels they first think im an s4 then when they realize im an a4 the trash talking starts lol.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

Their awesome...I prefer the silver one...My 01 B5 is silver,i named her...Audina

Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ThatRetardedKid
Very legit that's the way i see it also. We're luxury those cars are race inspired. All I'm looking to do is take down a stock or BPU car. Where I live I see other turbo awd cars everyday, whether its an evo ,sti ,vr4, stealth. So yea there's a bit of competition. My older brother has a B5 S4 with franken's. So sometimes if they pick on me I go get him lol
Understandable. And if your brother has a modded S4, then you're probably aware of how needy that platform is and how you have to pull the motor all too frequently. The unfortunate reality is that you just aren't going to be able to match the performance of cars like that without investing a ton of time and money. The other thing is, to make an A4 as fast as an Evo, you'd have to strip out the interior like an Evo. And who the **** wants to do that to a daily driver? Every time they get on you about having a slow car, get on them about not having leather, power heated seats, a 6 disc CD changer, a 3-way power sun roof, and a car that isn't ******* hideous and offensive to look at

Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Understandable. And if your brother has a modded S4, then you're probably aware of how needy that platform is and how you have to pull the motor all too frequently. The unfortunate reality is that you just aren't going to be able to match the performance of cars like that without investing a ton of time and money. The other thing is, to make an A4 as fast as an Evo, you'd have to strip out the interior like an Evo. And who the **** wants to do that to a daily driver? Every time they get on you about having a slow car, get on them about not having leather, power heated seats, a 6 disc CD changer, a 3-way power sun roof, and a car that isn't ******* hideous and offensive to look at

But i definitely see what you mean. You literally have to replace two of everything.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ThatRetardedKid

But i definitely see what you mean. You literally have to replace two of everything.
LOL thanks. And that's part of it, but it also has to do with the design and (over)engineering of the motor. They shoehorned two turbos, intercoolers, DV's, and all the associated plumbing into the same space as your engine and mine, save for a slightly larger bumper. I can take my turbo off in an afternoon with some hand tools and a case of beer. I challenge you to do that on an S4 without an engine hoist or lift.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

I don't understand the point of it at all in the first place - an A4 is targeted at suck a vastly different buyer than one of the rally cars that it's dumb to even compare. A4 shoppers don't even go into the Subaru or Mitsu showrooms and vice versa. As for the locker room dick comparisons, well, they're talking up how much faster they are. Who the **** cares? And as mentioned above, there's a faster car than theirs out there if that's all that matters. I happen to work with a guy with a Heffner-built Ford GT, running twin turbos blowing into the supercharger to the tune of 1500hp. So what? Someone out there probably has one making 2000hp.

Bench bragging is a sport for retards.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

i really don't care what people think... never have. do what you want, **** everyone else. its a moot point. if you wanted a faster car, you would have bought one. personally, i don't need a faster car. i've had "fast" cars. i actually like driving my my stock, slow, a4. which really isn't *that* slow.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

I wish my car looked half as good as either of them lol!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Too bad no one else thinks Chris is awesome. Is it on yet?

Lower your car bro. It'll look faster.