B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

It's sad

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default It's sad

How people try to talk down on our A4's because were not S4's. I had these two brothers tell me the other day (1 had an evo) and ( the other had an sti) that my car was a waste of money too slow and too heavy. Said I would have had a better luck with and srt4 or S4 if i could figure how to not make it as heavy as the titanic. Then the argument started I told them a4 with mods could take an evo anyday they said ok prove it. I search youtube and couldnt fine jack squat. I plan to take one down one day.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Sounds like there's lots of insecurity floating around.

A4 might be a waste of money to some, but if you like the car then that's that. They weren't the ones who spent money on your car, you were.

And if you want to think of it this way, feel free to: for the price of an Evo or STI you can buy a B5 A4, build it to a higher power level, upgrade suspension and brakes, and possibly still come out cheaper than what you'd pay for a stock used Evo or STI (while being able to "take" one of them).

Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

Haha, no worries man. When the day comes that it snows so bad you can't see in front of your face and your driving down the road and you see his evo in the ditch....offer to pull him out =D I have a 1997 audi a4 quattro 2.8 it weighs 4900 lbs and i keep a 45 pound log chain with my spare tire in my trunk for instances like that. My car may not be fast by she has never let me down before. No matter what weather

Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
1st Gear

LOL I KNOW.. he told me to drive it so I did and honestly inside was so cheap I felt if i hit a pot whole the car would fall apart. I love my 99.5 TQM and I dont see myself getting rid of it unless I have to. In the end He's a Mitsubishi and I'm an Audi. I just wish we came a little more beefed up than with just 130awhp stock.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
Sounds like there's lots of insecurity floating around.

A4 might be a waste of money to some, but if you like the car then that's that. They weren't the ones who spent money on your car, you were.

And if you want to think of it this way, feel free to: for the price of an Evo or STI you can buy a B5 A4, build it to a higher power level, upgrade suspension and brakes, and possibly still come out cheaper than what you'd pay for a stock used Evo or STI (while being able to "take" one of them).
BTW i was reading your mods list, that car sounds scary

Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

I hear this argument all the time, and I still don't understand it. I think comparing an A4 to an Evo or Sti is like comparing apples to oranges. Those latter two cars are the fastest, stripped-down, bare bones versions available from their respective manufacturers. The A4 is a mid level luxury sedan that happens to have a turbocharged motor and a large ethusiast/aftermarket following. It's heavy because its comforable. You can't even get an Sti with leather seats, auto up/down windows, dual zone climate control, etc..etc...etc... The counter point to that argument is that the Sti/Evo is a **** ton faster and can be made to go even FASTER for far less money than an A4 or S4. I also personally think the B5 chassis is way better looking than an Evo or Sti, but that's just my opinion.

As for the A4 vs. S4 argument, that's simply a question of time, money, and resources. If you have enough of those three things, an S4 is a better platform. If you don't have or don't care to commit a large quantity of those three things to maintaining what amounts to little more than a toy, go with an A4.

Can an A4 run 10's? Sure. Can you crank as much HP out of an A4 as an Evo or STI? Sure, plenty of people have done it. But you gotta pay to play. The $:hp ratio is WAY higher on an A4.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
I hear this argument all the time, and I still don't understand it. I think comparing an A4 to an Evo or Sti is like comparing apples to oranges. Those latter two cars are the fastest, stripped-down, bare bones versions available from their respective manufacturers. The A4 is a mid level luxury sedan that happens to have a turbocharged motor and a large ethusiast/aftermarket following. It's heavy because its comforable. You can't even get an Sti with leather seats, auto up/down windows, dual zone climate control, etc..etc...etc... The counter point to that argument is that the Sti/Evo is a **** ton faster and can be made to go even FASTER for far less money than an A4 or S4. I also personally think the B5 chassis is way better looking than an Evo or Sti, but that's just my opinion.

As for the A4 vs. S4 argument, that's simply a question of time, money, and resources. If you have enough of those three things, an S4 is a better platform. If you don't have or don't care to commit a large quantity of those three things to maintaining what amounts to little more than a toy, go with an A4.

Can an A4 run 10's? Sure. Can you crank as much HP out of an A4 as an Evo or STI? Sure, plenty of people have done it. But you gotta pay to play. The $:hp ratio is WAY higher on an A4.
Very legit that's the way i see it also. We're luxury those cars are race inspired. All I'm looking to do is take down a stock or BPU car. Where I live I see other turbo awd cars everyday, whether its an evo ,sti ,vr4, stealth. So yea there's a bit of competition. My older brother has a B5 S4 with franken's. So sometimes if they pick on me I go get him lol

Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

A4 has class than the Sti and way more class than an evo. No further argument needed. Just lower it and add nice wheels, then you'd want it to go slow for people to gawk at on the streets.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

well see there is your point you just made for yourself...when they pick on you go get your brother. no matter what there is always gonna be a faster better car somewhere and you just happen to have a brother with it lmao. Unfortunately i have never been blessed with a chance to own a 1.8t nor do i think i will ever own one. im an 18 yr old kid who still lives with his parents lol so nor do i think i will ever have the funds to go for another audi until i find a good job.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Name:  PicsArt_1333114599524.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  71.7 KB

both of our cars mine is the volcanic black one