B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

INTRO Duction From Augusta , Georgia 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Default INTRO Duction From Augusta , Georgia 1.8T

HEllo Everyone From the forums .... Need some help very badly I HAve A 2001 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T That i got lied to by a guy in Beach Island,SC or something like that area over the car. Anyways ITs got Aftermarket Amp Still in there luckaly The Antenna That Powered The Guy Took off and its gone so signal oon aftermarket radio sucks. But the real big Issue is the IDleing Dropping on the road, and Like surgeing for air, and dieing in the road with my 5 speed its kinda dangerous. HE said it has a Stage -2 Racing Clutch but didnt tell me about the Negatives of the Car Obviously. What is mine Also a A4 B5 or B6 ? Anyways please help me I also just replaced the strut cause i had guetto mocked up suspension break on me. I have Just replaced it turns out it was recalled o ; reileys finally told us after ordering 2 of the wrong wrongs from Advanced auto and the other brand local place around us in Augusta ,Georgia

I NEed to Now Put on a Hub IT should be here anyday now I NEed to know the Cheapest place to get a Hub For my 2001 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T as well as the Lugs to also fit my car has 18" Enkie Raceing Wheels as well so i need big long enough really piticular Lugs For the car where to buy about 5-8 of them quite possibly. Please hit me up let me know The Low Down I want to be able to fix this car and treat it obviously better then the ungreatful redneck before me treated the car.

Nice to meet Everyone in the Form Please Much Feed BAck rideing around with 2 Lugs grabbing well 3 now i belive stripped Lugs on my car and they almost dont even seem long enough for the Universal (It SEems) 18" Enkies RAceing Wheels. Black on Black on Somewhat need retinted Almost wanna be Black lol

Working on These Bicycle Motorized Kits Now There pretty Fun at 30+ Mph and also 125+ Miles per gallon of gas you cant complain.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:18 AM
1st Gear

Back End of the CAr

Old 08-28-2014, 03:47 AM
1st Gear

Please Help YAll Where can i get Show me how to REplace my Hub Just replaced my Strut after finding out it was remade part, NEed know where to get Cheap Hub For My CAr And Where to Find Cheap Wheel Lugs that will work For My 18" Enki Wheels that are on the car As Well Please And THank You HELP lol

Also The Idleing is rough and sometimes Almost acts like the power is draining and its Surgeing Out to shut off, Any Fix for How to Test Whats up With my CAr Shutting Off Like that As Well Any DiY On How to fix Irratic Idleing and Shut Offs What might be Causeing it Thank you so much !!! Please HElp

Old 08-28-2014, 06:12 AM
4th Gear

You have a B5.

Clean your air filter and MAF sensor and see if that helps with the idle. You probably need new spark plugs too if the previous owner didn't take care of her.

There are a ton of websites that sell quality parts. Familiarize yourself with ecstuning.com, bluaparts.com, fcpeuro.com and several others.

As for wheel hubs, you can probably order a used one (or 4, however many you need) from shokan.com. That would be your most price conscience route, or a local salvage yard.

Based on the unreliable nature of the maintenance of the previous owner, it would be safe to say your timing belt is way over due. Make sure you look into that soon. There is a sticky on the top of the B5 sub forum with all the FAQ and important things you need to know about this car.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:11 AM
1st Gear

What Spark Plugs Would Anyone Suggest As Well and How To Check To MAke Sure NEed Purchase NEw Ones ... Thank you so much Everyone Please KEep The Great Sites Comeing and the Info NEwBIE here No Doubt ... Ha HA
Also Am I Going to need what size Lugs ? I Have 18" Motegi FF7 Wheels will i need a longer Or Special Bolts for the Tires ? J/w Seems they might be barely hanging on the Wheels by few threads and dont even have Centric Rings in between them Any HElp ??

Motegi FF7 Wheels - Best Price on Motegi Racing FF7 Rims - Motegi 7 Spoke Wheels for Cars - 16, 17 & 18 Inch Rims

Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 AM
1st Gear

Thank You So Very Much bradtyler02 Anyone Please feel free to throw in anything about my model i should or could like to know. . . .

Old 08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
4th Gear

Like I said, the stickies at the top have a ton of info you could spend days looking at learning a sorts of new stuff. As for lug bolts, measure the ones you have and order a set a few mm longer. Cheap copper spark plugs are fine as well, NGK or Bosch brand.