B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

intercooler question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: intercooler question.

LOL, you try to bash me and you just look stupid. Post = after. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

I love when turds like you try to give advise and when corrected make themselves look worse. Yep, run a 3" ic piping and see how well your car runs. You REALLY shouldnt try to give advise on things you have 0 idea about. Oh, and i know i dont know it all, just far more than you apparently.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:49 PM

That's funny that the stock location of the map sensor is on top of the ic after? As for the 3" ic pipe, why not upgrade so you don't have to later for future mods?

Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Guru

here is my thrust sensor...... as the dealership calls it..... or map, as you guys are calling it... the sensor that sits on top of the factory intercooler

Name:  IMG_0760.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  13.0 KB

it is after the intercooler, before the tb

as for the dv..... you can put it over by the tb, or leave it in the stock placement.....as cincy said, yes you can move/remove your sap..... mine was moved over to the stock ic location as i have emissions

Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: pimphell

That's funny that the stock location of the map sensor is on top of the ic after? As for the 3" ic pipe, why not upgrade so you don't have to later for future mods?
cause he is running a ko4, which is also worthless....... but if he decides to upgrade to a better turbo, ic piping should not be overly expensive

and if he has a cheap ebay ic, then he will need to upgrade everything anyways

and it is funny that you put cincy making fun of you in your sig?.... why?.... so everyone that respects his opinion will make fun of you too....... or just not listen to you at all?

funny thing is, you are a combo of travis kemp and bob1432352452354

Old 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
5th Gear

post intercooler means after the core, which is exactly where the stock one is. so you aren't really making a good argument here. and 3" is excessive for practically any setup. most BT setups only use 2.5". hell, the throttle body isn't even 3"

Old 04-14-2008, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

First off, put the bov closer to the TB (the cold side). It is better that way. The same with the Map sensor, put it closer to the TB, but not too close maybe a foot away or two so it can read the boost more efficiant. 2 1/2" or 3" pipeing would work best.
Are you HIGH?!?! Nothing you ever say is right. You taking tuner classes from kemp?

The map just needs placed post ic. A strait peice would be best. 2-2.25" piping is best.
Wow, I think that you need to go to school or something. Map post IC???? WTF??? Why, so you can have boost levelsbefore the pressure drop of the IC? Maybe you should listen to this kemp guy then. If you compare me to this guy.
haha, funniest thing ive heard on here in awhile, he has no idea [:-]

dude, cincy is right, you weld the flange post FMIC and there is no way he should ever go above 2.5" for the piping. cincy is on the money 2-2.25" for his setup.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:17 PM

my bad for the meaning of post. We were apparently talking about the same thing. That was a dee-da-dee. As for the plumming, why do it twice if you know what you want later? saves money that way. Telling someone something in anticipation of what could come is how things should work sometimes. 3" is not that bad. If he keeps the ko4 then he should stay with the 2.25" or 2.5".

Old 04-14-2008, 06:27 PM

I showed a couple of people at a automotive college for tuners this post and they laughed for what is said like: I don't know anything. LOL I have friends in many places around the tuning, car repair, andcar engineeringindustry. Ever heard of superflow? Yeh, there home base is in colorado. They design some of the equipment like dyno's and such. I think that some people that are in these fourms should go to school or somethings instead of indulging themselves in forums thinking they "know" what is best sometimes. I do agree with a lot of things that are said here but, others I really wonder sometimes. I've had nothing but good things to say about these fourms. Hell, you guys have saved me time at one point or another. So to bash my knowledge, you have no idea where to begin, it's been tried by others in person. I don't know it all and I don't pretend to like others. I will say this, I have tuned quite a few cars in my time and do know some things are better than others.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:31 PM

The sig is because I don't like conceded people that get their jollys off of thinking that they know everything and no elses opinion matters because they are always right

Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm make believe

No, i said that because every time you post something, IT IS WRONG! Not my opinion, FACT. Since you dont know, ill help you out with ic piping diam

2" < 250whp
2.25" 200-350whp
2.5" 350-450whp

Think you get the hint. It is also good to go a .25" increase post ic to increase flow. He would need to be running a gt35r to warrent 3" ic piping. That is with 2.5" to the ic.

Now please, dont go running your mouth again when you have 0 knowledge about it.

Quick Reply: intercooler question.