B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

intercooler question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:56 AM
1st Gear
Default intercooler question.

Hi everyone, i just got my intercooler and I have a couple questions.
First off, the diverter valve, is there a way to plug it to run a 50/50 recirv BOV since mine d/v is dead and i have a TurboXS bov that been laying around for a few months and Was wondering do i put it on the COLD or HOT side of the Intercooler.

Second. The MAP sensor; where is the best location to weld a bung for it? Strait or curved pipe does it matter?

Last but not least.... Whats a good size piping to go with? I have a k04 upgrade, and giac chip, with full custom exhaust and a custom made catless downpipe..

Thanks guys, also this BOV is audi friendly as its 50/50 recirc and i dont plan on making the ricer sound for to long :]

Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Default RE: intercooler question.

First off, put the bov closer to the TB (the cold side). It is better that way. The same with the Map sensor, put it closer to the TB, but not too close maybe a foot away or two so it can read the boost more efficiant. 2 1/2" or 3" pipeing would work best.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator

I'd weld onto a straight section of pipe too - that way there's a better chance of a good weld and not so much "fill" welding to do under the flange, inside the bend. Ultimately any position would work though, and space considerations matter - if you have to, put it as close to the TB as it'll fit.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

right on .. thanks guys

also so dont worry about the D/V loctaion and just delete it?

oh yea and my other question.. what the heck is that pump under the pass headlight? I belive its a Secondair air something can i delete it?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: pimphell

First off, put the bov closer to the TB (the cold side). It is better that way. The same with the Map sensor, put it closer to the TB, but not too close maybe a foot away or two so it can read the boost more efficiant. 2 1/2" or 3" pipeing would work best.
Are you HIGH?!?! Nothing you ever say is right. You taking tuner classes from kemp?

The map just needs placed post ic. A strait peice would be best. 2-2.25" piping is best.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: discontained

right on .. thanks guys

also so dont worry about the D/V loctaion and just delete it?

oh yea and my other question.. what the heck is that pump under the pass headlight? I belive its a Secondair air something can i delete it?
You can place the dv/bov where ever you like. You arent using a turbo large enough to see a differnce is placement. Do whats easiest for you.

that is the sai pump. You can delete it, but not if you have emissions. Also, if you live in a place with cold winters, move it since it will warm the car up far faster than w/o it.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

Ok cool thanks cincy no emmisions here, and its southern georgia so not to cold winter's.

Appreciate your input. here's a "e beer" for ya

Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm make believe

Thanks. Then feel free to remove the sai. you will need a egr block off plate and resistor from 20squared. This will keep you from throwing a cel and drop a few pounds while your at it

Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: pimphell

Are you HIGH?!?! Nothing you ever say is right. You taking tuner classes from kemp?

The map just needs placed post ic. A strait peice would be best. 2-2.25" piping is best.
Wow, I think that you need to go to school or something. Map post IC???? WTF??? Why, so you can have boost levelsbefore the pressure drop of the IC? Maybe you should listen to this kemp guy then. If you compare me to this guy.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:21 PM

Remember.......I have nothing to prove to anyone here.......Just trying to help others. You should keep your comments to yourself sometimes. You DON'T know it all........

Quick Reply: intercooler question.