B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

ICE is SLIPPERY

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Default RE: ICE is SLIPPERY

I like how the trunk is pushed up. Gives it some nice curves, perhaps you can fabricate a spoiler styled to those angles?

Just kidding. Someone's gotta be the comic relief, yeah? I agree with Brian; hopefully they total the car, because repairing it is going to be more stressful than shitting bricks.

On a side note: if someone in a Jeep hit your car, that kind of damage isn't so bad. How fast was she going? Audis are built tremendously tough; I had a girl rear-end me about a month ago, and all I got were some scratches that you can hardly see, and her hood was bent up, with her internals hardly working.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:43 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ty98a4
ICE is SLIPPERY
Water is wet ?

Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
SoCal Crew Member

speaking of wrecks, my cousing actually ended up getting more for his minicooper after he drove it of a short cliff in California a few months after he bought it in New York. I went out there to drive it back with him and with gas and food and of course the car the whole trip cost about 19,500 he crashed it insurance gave him a check for over 20,000 lol! i guess the mark up from NY to CA is pretty significant! we thought about making a living buying used cars in NY drving them to CA and then crashing them.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:22 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Leifer

I like how the trunk is pushed up. Gives it some nice curves, perhaps you can fabricate a spoiler styled to those angles?

Just kidding. Someone's gotta be the comic relief, yeah? I agree with Brian; hopefully they total the car, because repairing it is going to be more stressful than shitting bricks.

On a side note: if someone in a Jeep hit your car, that kind of damage isn't so bad. How fast was she going? Audis are built tremendously tough; I had a girl rear-end me about a month ago, and all I got were some scratches that you can hardly see, and her hood was bent up, with her internals hardly working.
she was prolly going about 30 35 and i was at a dead stop behind a red truck...dont remember if that truck just took off after? iam calling the insurance company at 8 lol i couldnt sleep at alllast night.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
5th Gear

slide your hand across the c pillar. if you feel a bend somewhere they most likely will total it. and ya definitely buy it back and part it out.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Hey, if you buy it back and part it, make sure to sell those taillights as "Sweet Custom Altezza" lights! Sucks you got hit but just thank yourself for having enough sense to buy an A4 rather than a Pinto or Fiesta!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
1st Gear

haha yea at least this wasnt in my geo lol....i would not be here

Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

man that really sucks, just after you got it back too. if i were you i would deff. plan on buying the car back, when mine was totled i bought it back for $750 and the damage was all cosmetic too. that dosent look to bad, did you drive it home? if it drives straight then the car would be easy to fix if you want to. probably about 4-5hrs on a frame jig and that car would look pretty damn close to fixed. and the worst part is if you part it out the only thing i would need is your trunk and taillight.[&o]youd b amazed how hard it is to find those fast, ive been lookin for about 2 weeks.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

well so far i have got one estimate and it came up to be at $3032.00. iam going to get anotherestimate right now so we will see. i guess it will not be totaled out so i got some work ahead of me then lol

Old 03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: oettinger1919
we thought about making a living buying used cars in NY drving them to CA and then crashing them.
LOL that actualy made me laugh outloud

Quick Reply: ICE is SLIPPERY