B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I Totaled My A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 PM

Yeah, my dad is super disappointed, which is the worst part. As much as i hate to say this, the car can be replaced. I am happy to have gotten this speedy driving out of my system early, cuz it wouldn't have taught me as great a lesson later in life. I should be allowed near a steering wheel, but i need to set my own speed limits and pick the right places to use them. A no-more-than-two-car road was obviously not the best place, but i picked it because there are NEVER cops near there. Now i know that getting a ticket is a lot less worse than risking crashing a car. **** happens, life goes on, and lessons can (or should) only be learned by hardships, and as sappy as it may sound, my parents will love me no matter what and get over it. They still act the same around me luckily. In fact, they acted a lot more awkward after they found out i looked at **** (big surprise, i'm a teenage boy ). They just want me to learn my lesson, and honestly, this was the only way i was going to. From here on, i just have to buy a new car, repair my relationship with my dad, and try to find a way to not get made fun of for getting in a crash, because, lets face it, it was just carelessness and a lack of drifting experience (which no kid at my school has anyways, so i'm not any different). I am a good driver when i drive like i should drive, i just don't enjoy driving that way obviously (which will change by the time i get a new car). Knowing that it will take a long time to get back to square one with my dad, and since nobody but my best friends know about my accident yet, i am focusing solely on researching for a car, which brings me back to my beginning question. I am playing it safe and looking up Audi's for under 4k, since that seems to be the low estimate you guys have given me. My current favorite is this - http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/878736995.html - looks pretty clean, besides the wheels being one or two inches too big. I am totally in love with the sound of those engines, and even with a fart bucket (or low pressure exhaust as you ricers may prefer to call it), it sounds nice. Not sure what the exhaust looks/is like, so i asked for more pics and info. I know they aren't too quick, but isn't that what i should be looking for? I just don't want a fwd car, cuz i hate fwd with a passion (except on minivans and such). What do you guys think of it? Any more questions i should ask him?

Last edited by Suicide Bobb; 10-22-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM

He replied back with the following pics and said this -

Thanks for the inquiry. I don't have many more pics of the interior, so I've included what I have. The only known issues I can tell is that it will probably need a timing belt and there is one small rock chip in the windshield. I did the spark plugs, valve cover gasket and cleaned the ISV this summer - so, while I was in there, I inspected the belt. Other than that, the thing runs/handles awesome - no more engine mods than the exhaust... although, if I were to keep it.. a cam and a K&N would be very nice additions.

The price is firm... the new parts alone are worth the cost of the car.. the Euro lights were nearly $800... which reminds me.. they should have some Laminex put on them so they don't get cracked. The car basically needs nothing but someone to care for it and to keep up on its maintenance.

Sorry about your A4. I'm looking at acquiring a wagon with the sale of my 4000... but alas, I need to sell it before I can buy. Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it. Someone is coming at 6:30 tomorrow, so if you want to look at it, it'll have to be before or after then. Thanks.

-Jason

Attached Thumbnails I Totaled My A4-backseats.jpg   I Totaled My A4-drivers_side.jpg   I Totaled My A4-profile.jpg   I Totaled My A4-rear.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
3rd Gear

Glad you are Ok!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Hard to find car but isn't it a bit overpriced? To add to that he is firm on his price. I say that unless you have always wanted this car/have to have it, wait for a better deal to pop up.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 AM

Every now and then another kid in high school dies in a car accident and kills other people too. It sucks. Stop driving like a retard and be more responsible.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by ouzo 2
Every now and then another kid in high school dies in a car accident and kills other people too. It sucks. Stop driving like a retard and be more responsible.
Read my last post please, but thanks for being considerate and correct otherwise.

I want that 4000 because those 5 cylinder engines sound unbelievable. A test drive will be the real deciding factor for me, but in the mean time i thought i would shop around for some opinions on it. Does anybody have any experience owning/driving/being driven in these? What are they like?

Thanks for the input anyways!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by audiprotein
Glad you are Ok!!!
At the same time, I couldn't necessarily say the same for myself :/ I will make it through this, but sometimes i wish it would all just go away...

Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 AM
3rd Gear

you prolly will get about 6 grand for it... you need to do some work tho because the insurance company has to give you enough money to actually go out and purchase the same car. So look on autotrader, etc at the same type of audi at a retail price. Try and find like 6 or 7 really expensive 97 1.8's and show them to your insurance company and let them know that THIS is the actual money it will take to get another one. If you dont do that than they will screw you and offer you wholesale book value which will get you nothing.

I did this and ended up gettin 2700 more for my Eagle Talon, it was well worth the 20 minutes of internet searching.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

hopefully you will follow through with what you have said, and your lesson is learned. next time you could be less fortunate and seriously hurt yourself, and/or someone else. and i think taking a life would be the hardest lesson to live with. other than that i hope you find a new car, and have fun with it, but you keep it in check. GL

Old 10-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by tradewelcome
hopefully you will follow through with what you have said, and your lesson is learned. next time you could be less fortunate and seriously hurt yourself, and/or someone else. and i think taking a life would be the hardest lesson to live with. other than that i hope you find a new car, and have fun with it, but you keep it in check. GL
Thanks!

Quick Reply: I Totaled My A4