B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I Totaled My A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Did this happen to take place on a road course somewhere?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Site Moderator

Awesome! Great excuse to learn something and grow up a little! Which is so much cooler than any Audi is (or was.)

Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Guru

Helluva number you did on that car.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

hahahahaha sorry...but yea i would say $5k tops... maybe $3500-$4500 should be realistic...

Old 10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

daym. that looks like my civic when i messed it up. you even snapped your spindle. 5k is my guess too. also, i'm not surprised you're not hurt as i've seen and heard of many audis being totalled but the driver being ok. i hope you are mentally scarred though so you won't do things like this in the future. they build tracks for a reason

Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

wow thats crazzy. i havea 2001 audi a4 1.8t with about 98000 miles on it and i crashed in to a utility pole after my car drifted. the crazzy thing was i was only going 30mph i think it was because i need new back tires.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear

you know i really dont care when people do stupid things and smash their own car up. the reason i dont do more stupid things then i already do is because if i ever killed someone, my life would be over. go directly to jail. do not pass go. do not collect $200.

for instance, a few weeks ago i was driving home and passed an A6 2.7tt, B6 it looked like. dark gray/blue. we were driving next to each other for a while darting in and out of traffic. then we got to the end of the express way and there was a long strait hill, probably 8% grade and half a mile long, with another half mile flat stretch at the bottom. we were both going "a bit" over the speed limit, but when he crossed 100mph and kept going i let him get some distance. my car is a work in progress, i was keeping up with him but i dont currently have a front bumper and i have enough into the car that i really dont want to risk doing something dumb.

so the guy was probably 15 seconds in front of me and i see brake lights, then a huge cloud of smoke and **** hitting my windshield. i had to brake hard to avoid smashing into him but managed to without ABS coming on/locking up the tires. he however was an idiot and somehow couldnt stop fast enough and smashed into a guy infront of him. probably looking at me in the rear view instead of ahead of him. the guy he hit pulled over to the side of the road and, of course, the A6 sped off. he floored it enough that i couldnt catch him and get a plate number. if hes a member of this forum- you are a ***** my dumb friend. the car he hit wasnt destroyed or anything, but it has a big *** dent in the rear bumper. i know he fu*ked up all 4 tires as most of them were left on the pavement and covered my car, and he must have destroyed his bumper. serves him right. im glad audi parts are 10 times more expensive then the little ford POS he hit. i feel sorry for the guy tho, if someone hit me like and drove off, they better prey they can out accelerate me.

moral of the story is: dont be stupid.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear

ya thats insane... ^^ my buddy driving his a4 on the highway and a truck rear ended him for no reason.... couldnt believe it

Old 10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator

I almost did the same thing in my first car, but because i didn't know how to drive in snow, not because i was driving like an a$$hole.

Saw a big accident on rt 7 yesterday, ford f150 rear-ended a honda accord, looked like a hollow-point lol. the bumper was totally punched in, trunk lid went ^ fenders went < >, the dual exhausts went down and out to either side. it looked really bad =/

Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
CIA
1st Gear

this is the reasons why guys pay more insurance than girls.

Sorry my friend, but your not a pilot and you should not be allowed anywhere a steering wheel. Life will teach you soon enough to respect yourself and the others on the road.

Until then, i bet you made your father proud of you.

Quick Reply: I Totaled My A4