B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I NEED HELP!!!! asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Default I NEED HELP!!!! asap

okay so last night we left the club, and we see my car needs gas. so we go to sunoco and i get out the car is unlocked however the gas thing is locked, and the car isnt really unlocking or locking well with the car key remote. i just replaced the batteries about 2 weeks ago. also if i put the key in the door to lock the car its only locking the driver door. If i put it in and turn it and hold the driver door locks and the windows all go up. But the other 3 doors r still unlocked but the alarm turns on. And my car needs gas now cuz its a 40 minute ddrive home nd its prolly not even gunna make it to a gas station. does anyone know wtf is going on??? seriouse electrical

Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 AM

i was trying again and... my remote when i push lock is only turning the alarm on and making the lights flash signaling the car is locked, how ever the car is still unlocked all 4 doors. when i hit unlock it just takes the alarm off. neither are adjusting whether the car is locked or unlocked. It has to have to do with something that powers the locks or motor to move them or something because the button on the door doesnt work either

Old 02-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Do you hear the central locking pump pumping when you hit lock/unlock?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:52 AM
4th Gear

sounds like a leak in the central locking system.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 AM

is that pump the thing that makes the squeak sound when you unlock it?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 AM

wheres the pump located so i can listen?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

There is a way to manually open the gas flap if need be, check the user manual. If I remember right, from the trunk theres a little tool that you can manually crank the lock with and open the cover. GL mate

Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I dunno about a squeak that doesn't sound good lol. The central locking pump is located in the trunk on the passenger's side, behind the carpet liner. Basically its a little vacuum pump that operates the locks on all the doors, the trunk lid, and the gas cap. It should make a fairly audible (pun? ) noise for 1 or 2 seconds when you push the lock/unlock buttons on your remote. stick your head in the trunk and push the button a coupla times. Me thinks if you're hearing a squeak, JC is right and you have a leak somewhere. If you don't hear anything at all, odds are the pump is kaput and you're gonna need to either rebuild it or just get a new one.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 PM

theres no squeek thats my bad. i did the manual thing and went nd made it to get gas thank god... but when i go in the trunk the pump is making a humming sound for probably about 10 seconds.. quite longer than you said. i checked the fuse its fine.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Alright i'm thinkin' you've either got a bad pump or a leaky line somewhere. take up the trunk liner and poke around by the pump, also you might start lookin for replacement pumps, try a junkyard or shokan, they should have one for cheap

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP!!!! asap